Track 16: You are my Sunshine

P'Ken, who was still sad, ordered his favorite Pasta again. This is why I hate confessions. One's feeling will lighten as soon as he confesseses his feelings, but an awkward tension stays between those two involved people after confessing.

"What happened to you the other day?" I asked him again and before he answered It was nothing, I hushed him by pointing my fork to his face,"Don't tell me that it was just nothing P'. We both know that you were angry for a reason that day." I warned him.

"Okay okay." He smiled,"I was angry with myself too for acting that way. I mean, I shouldn't have been jealous with In, but I couldn't help myself. Sorry Sun."

"Stop apologizing already P'! And what does it gotta do with that monster?"

"I was just about to leave the school that day when I found Oh, Peach and Nong Nam in your favorite place, so I went there but you weren't there. I asked them where you were and they told me that you were looking for an important person. I was curious on who that person is, so I went after you. Then I saw you in the field talking with In. He looked annoyed while you were talking and I hate that he's doing that to you. I decided to let you chase after In and I'll stop going after you." He paused for a moment and gulped his drink beside him,"But you ran and chased me when I have already surrendered."

"P'", I gulped my own drink too, not sure on what to say to him "you know that I like In, right?"

P'Ken nodded. "I've known that since last year, but he's treating you badly. Let me at least compensate for all the tears that he made you cry. I can wait Sun."

"I didn't know that you're like this P'" I said, about to laugh by his words.

"What?" P'Ken exclaimed, shaking me by my shoulders so I couldn't laugh.

"Such a cheesy person." And then I burst into laughter.

All customers in the cafe looked at us as P'Ken hid under the table, ashamed of his own self; but he still got up immediately.

"I don't wanna see a Sun that's not shining." P'Ken added, still not driven crazy by his own jokes,"In may have hurt you, but I'll try healing you."

I quickly stood and covered his mouth as P'Ken still has more things to say that I couldn't take hearing, yet he still managed to shout and stood as people once again looked at us.

"P', sit back!" I glared at him.

But I couldn't stop him, he sang an english song and it made him look even cooler,"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away"

P'Ken smiled at me after he bowed to everyone around us as they applauded him while I wish that I can easily pop like a bubble out of embarassment.

"Promise me that you won't do that again." I whispered to him.

P'Ken laughed even more that made me laugh too.

"That's how I flirt." P'Ken ended.

"I saw that." I answered, remembering how In tried to flirt with me before. P'Ken's being funny, In was trying his best. I don't wanna hurt P'Ken, but something in me still hopes that In will come back to being him.

---

The days passed with P'Ken's more cheesy words. A week ended without In and I talking. A month of continuous bugging of Lot has been suffered by me.

I'm getting used to In's actions already. I'm not hoping that we can just right away turn back to flirting, but I still wish that we can go back to being friends. I don't wish for more, I just want In to talk to me, even just as plain friends.

We were so busy on our own personal lives that we didn't notice that we only have a week to prepare for the color sports congress. Everyone became instantly busy preparing on what to perform and on who to compete. Peach, who was the assistant leader last year, became the leader of the blue team which we belong.

I'm still in the cheering club and became the cheerleader who trains everyone of our moves. I have encouraged Nam to join as well while In has already declined Peach's invitation for him to join the squad.

Even P'Ken has been in the school for almost everyday and we text each other once in a while to check how the other one is. I still haven't answered P'Ken's question, but I'm happy being beside P'Ken.

He has been a great help for us in the preparation too. He helped choosing themes and buying some materials that we need in the cheering team even after his busy college life. P'Ken has also taken care of me even though I didn't ask for it. Once, I saw him and In talking in the bleachers while I was leading the cheerleading team in the practice. In was sitting beside P'Ken as they both looked in my direction.

"Goodluck tomorrow." P'Ken said during the last day of our practice. We were in front of my aunt's house, so I don't know if I should invite him inside or not.

I nodded and bid my goodbye to him as I closed the gate of our house.

"Hey Nam."
"Hey Sun." Nam answered right away when I called her. "Why did you call?"
"I just wanna ask how you are."
"I wanna be flattered, but I'm too exhausted right now, so I can't." She joked.
"Are you still in school?" I asked her.
"Yeah. We just finished doing the last rehearsal." I checked my watch and found out that it's already 10:42PM.
"Oh. It's already late. Won't you get scolded?"
"I've already told my mom."
"Who will you go home with?"
"Copper."
"Oh." I smiled, thought of something on how to tease Nam,"So your boyfriend will take you home. Then you will surely be safe!" I assured her.
"Yeah I know. No one would dare fight with Co--what?! No! He's not my boyfriend! You should stop..." I put my phone away from my ears when Nam started shouting at me.
"Okay Okay. Relax Nam!" I giggled.
"Stop pushing me to Copper. There's no way that he and I---"
"Yeah. There's no way that you would fall to Prince Copper who saved Princess Nam a month ago. Yeah. Yeah."
"In?!" Nam exclaimed abruptly while I was not done talking yet.
"I'm Sun Nam,not In." I said irritably.
"No." Nam seemed to be shocked,"In is still here."
"Oh." I sighed.
"He is with Nong Fan."
"Nong Fan the genius?"
"Yeah. Nong Fan the short hair genius."
"Oh."
"And In's carrying her bag! Sun, they're flirting! Oh wait, Miss Kraimin went after them! I think In will see Miss Kraimin's fangs again! Good for him!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah! I thought Nong Fan is a---" Nam was cut by a voice near her.

"I'll just wait for you in the car. Hand me your bag. Hurry okay? I wanna eat already."

"Okay" Nam answered him.

"Was that---?" I asked AiNam.

"Yeah Yeah! Stop teasing me already! That was my pageant partner! So, I'll go now. I don't wanna see him turn into a beast yet."

I tried sleeping after I dropped my call with Nam. I couldn't shut my thoughts as I think about In and Fan.

Deep inside, I still hoped that there's still something in In's heart that would make him realize my worth, but now it completely turned to dust. In has finally found the girl that he's going to impart his life with, leaving me clueless with mine.

----------------------------------

I want to apologize for this boring chapter 😞  Please don't kill me. Lol. Thanks for all the votes guys ❤
-CoffeePrince