Sidetrack 4: Guy in glasses

"Goodmorning Sun." Tey greeted me the following morning in the hallway.

I just smiled at him as he patted my back hardly that made me cough.

P'Pot stared at him, then Tey stopped patting my back.

"A-ah, goodmorning Captain." Tey greeted him.

"Are you hurting my baby here?" P'Pot asked Tey, teasing me again.

"N-no cap." Tey answered instantly.

"Good. Take care of him for me, okay?" then P'Pot brushed his hands to Tey's hair. "You take care of yourself too." He finished then walked away toward his faculty.

"What's happening?" I asked Tey.

"What? Nothing." Tey's ears began to go red.

"Captain?"

"Oh yeah. I applied for the football team yesterday."

"Is P'Pot your captain?"

Tey nodded.

"Did you even have your tryouts already?" I asked with a confused look.

"Ah, n-no. It's just that, I was the captain of our football team when I was in High School."

"I didn't know that that would exclude you from tryouts." I then whistled, sarcastically humming to know what Tey is up to.

"Ahm, and, because, I did him a favor yesterday."

"What kind of favor?"

"Ah. N-nothing important." Tey began to walk, then I paced fastly as well to keep our distance close.

"Nothing important that could get you into the team?"

"I-it's just, so awkward!" Tey's voice began to raise its pitch, going to a girly voice.

"Yes Tey? What is it?" I held him through his shoulders and looked at him, but he was avoiding my eyes and bowed so he'd see the floor.

"Y-yesterday, when I was roaming around and exploring this campus, I got myself into the swimming club's pool. I was taking pictures, yeah, and accidentally, I took a shot of a nude guy on his way towards the shower room. I-I didn't know why he was naked! Really! Don't look at me like that Sun!"

"Did you see his...ahm...thing?" I asked, curiously.

"Took a picture of his thing? N-no!"

I drew a sigh.

"The thing is..."

"What thing?!" I jolted.

"Let me finish! The thing is my camera's flash was on. So, P'Pot knew that someone was there and dove back to the pool right away, still naked. He was shouting at me, calling for me to come to him actually."

My imagination went widely. I'm gonna smack someone's head later.

"He was asking me to pick for his swimming trunks that was a meter from where he jumped. So I did pick it, and, yeah, I saw his thing in the water."

I gulped

I gulped.

"And, what did you feel?"

"Huh? What kind of question is that Sun?" 

"I don't know, just asking. You may not answer it" I winked.

"Well, I'm straight."

"So you felt nothing?"

"I am straight Sun." Tey avoided my eyes.

"Okay. Did you feel something? Yes or No Tey?"

"I am straight Sun." Then he smiled at me.

"Hahahahaha!" I laughed, so did Tey. "When I first saw P'Pot's thing, I was shocked as well, so I know how you feel."

"What? First? Did you see it many times now?!"

"Kidding!" Then I laughed again at him and we continued walking when I remembered something.

"Is it because P'Pot is your captain that you became stiff when he brushed your hair?"

Tey's eyes widened, mouth opened as if shocked, then nodded five times in a second.

"or is it because you like P'Pot?" I teased him.

"W-what? No! No! No way!" Tey patted me hard again.

"Hey! That hurts!" I said. " P'----" I shouted, as if to call for P'Pot.

"Wait wait. Your back didn't even hurt Sun. Please. Don't tell him."

I raised my chin. "Alright. Tell me then, you like P'Pot, don't you?"

Tey pursed his lips.

"I am straight Sun." He replied, but couldn't hide his blushing smile.

---

Can's POV

How long have I been reading this line now? How many times have I been adjusting my glasses so it won't fall off my nose bridge? I couldn't keep myself focused into reading the book that I am holding

I stood up and straightened my shirt. How long have I been tidy with things? Since I quit the football team? I can't remember.

I headed to the pathway down to my classroom for my first period when I accidentally hit someone. He was wearing glasses as well, quite skinny and tall. His eyes looked very asian but I couldn't tell if he's Thai or not.

"Mai bpen rai?" I asked him with my hand drawn to help him stand.

"Khrap." He replied, so he is Thai.

When he finally cleaned his pants, I asked him again, "Are you really alright? I might have hit you hard. I'm so sorry."

"Hey hey. I'm fine. No worries." He said to calm me down. "Why are you shaking?" He asked.

"Huh?" I looked at my hands, and truly they were shaking. "S-Sorry."

"Hey. I'm really fine." He assured me once again then held my hands so he can keep them still.

"Aren't you in IS program?" I asked him. Maybe it's why I'm shaking. Since I "broke" up with Tin, I easily get nervous in front of an IS student.

"What? No. Why did you say that?"

"You don't look Thai, so maybe."

"No. I'm not an IS student." He smiled at me. "I'm Sun by the way, freshman."

"Oh. I'm Can." Then we shook hands. "You look familiar." I said, recalling where I saw him.

"Yeah. You too. I think I know you." Sun smiled at me with a friendly laugh.

"Ahm, Sun? We're getting late." A friend of Sun interrupted. 

"Oh yeah! Sorry Can. We gotta go now. See you around?"

I smiled at him then answered, "See you."

Sun tapped my shoulder then ran fastly with his friend.