Track 9: New Playlist

The event started early. The new head may be better than Copper's uncle.

The stage was already occupied by the teachers. All students were arranged according to their level. All freshmen in the front.

"Freshmen, if you have any questions, just ask your seniors okay?" Ended by the teacher who was orienting the freshmen which the freshmen nodded to.

It's Mr. Daecha's turn to speak now.

"Goodmorning everybody!" The usual him greeted us. "So, today our head gave me the most important job of all. You wanna know what it is?!" He stood nearer to the students expecting us to be excited, but no one answered him. "Well, our head says that his turn has finally ended. He wants you to know that her wife" Mr. Daecha acted to be touched by the former head's letter which he was holding. I don't think it was really from Copper's uncle though. "doesn't like him to run the school anymore and wanted to have a vacation with him. Our very wife-loving head of course obliged! They're now on Paris as they celebrate their silver anniversary! I know I know! They're so sweet. "

"I thought he was impeached?!" Oh whispered to Nam.

"Maybe they don't want us to know" Nam defended.

We nodded to what Nam explained.

Mr. Daecha moved on "Anyway, here's what our former head wanted me to do: to introduce you to the new head. Students, teachers, ladies and gentlemen, our new head--Miss Jitra Jaipranee!"

Miss Jitra, who was sitting along with the teachers in the stage stood. All freshmen clapped but only few of the older students did.

"What?!" Oh, Nam and I exclaaimed.

"But she's no better than the former head!" Oh said.

"Copper will be very happy." I added.

All our heads turned to Copper, and there he really was, smiling. The whole Big Five was there too, including In. He murmurred something to Lot and both of them laughed. I felt like they're laughing at me. Maybe it's the reason why Lot was in the club room last night.

"Goodmorning." Miss Jitra greeted confidently, "I am Jitra Jaipranee your new head." She flapped her fan open in her hand "I expect everyone to obey the rules, and that means every one." She steadied her eyes on us seniors. "So!" She freed the tension down "let's start with the clubs' presentation?"

Club presentation it really was. One by one the clubs gave presentations. Now I understand why we're presenting, because of Miss Jitra. She always liked these kind of things.

It was the acting club's turn to present already and Copper went up to the stage. Peach is in the HQB now, so Copper got a new partner presenting the play that they did last year.

All girls giggled and shouted whenever Copper delivers his lines.

Oh grimaced, unable to watch the play. "If it wasn't for me, he may have forgotten the lines last year."

After their presentation, everyone stood and clapped at them except from us, so we're the only ones who saw Mr. Daecha went and picked up the microphone.

"Okay okay. Sit down now." He announced. "Now, let's witness the genius ones in our school as they sing. And be warned okay? You may fall asleep when you hear them sing! Please welcome High Q Brain!"

No one clapped.

I prepared the guitar. I'll only be doing the second voice as In Nam and others sing the song.

I tuned it first and we rolled along with the sudden silence of everyone.

I’m probably hoping for too much to have you give me any importance

Started by In. His eyes were closed.

My life is just a humble one
Just once, just having you say hello to me

Yeah. Just say hello to me like you did before and I'll be happy with that In.

Looking at you smile at me is wonderful already

But you dont, and you won't.

I tell myself to dream just enough
Just enough to make me happy, I tell myself that that should
be enough

All of them sang in Unison.

I’m just another person, another person, one person
A person who loves you from afar, a person who is invisible in your eyes
I’m just another person, I’m another person
A person who looks at you from this way, always wishing you well
I don’t care that you never see my value or importance

It's back to In's solo. Slowly he opened his eyes. I saw it clearly. How he looked to Ainam. I thought he's over with her already but what is he doing?

Everyone around you looks so good
You have the people you need, looking, I understand

In's voice stopped. He checked the microphone and gestured that it's not functioning while I still kept on playing the guitar.

Nam mouthed to me,"check yours."

"Huh?" I mouthed back.

"Your microphone. Check if it is functioning."

I checked it just like what Nam wants. It is working.

"You" Nam pointed at me,"sing." She acted to hold a microphone.

I don't know. I only play the guitar. I rarely sing, but their microphone's still not working, so eventually I continued the song.

I tell myself to dream just enough
Just enough to make me happy, I tell myself that that should be enough

It's enough pain already. I have had enough. 

Finally I was drowned to the song completely. The song that In, Nam, and I sang last year in our Science day. The day when I almost kissed In. It was the day of my first heartbreak with In. The day when he told me that he likes Ainam.

I’m just another person, another person, one person
A person who loves you from afar, a person who is invisible in your eyes
I’m just another person, I’m another person

You act like you don't see me anymore. My words don't sound audible in your ears. I'll start over now In.

A person who looks at you from this way, always wishing you well

Finally their microphone started working again. And we all sang the last line. I looked at In and he was looking at me as a tear flowed from my right eye.

The song's over. My feelings for you will soon be over too.

I don’t care that you never see my value or importance