Track 20: Stop

Nam and I went home together for she didn't want Copper to take her home. Copper insisted to do so, but Nam shooed him away. In wanted to take me home too, or, should I say, take me to his house, but I insisted to go home with Nam.

"What happened between you two?" I asked Nam when we were in the cab.

She sighed, preparing herself,"I told him what like and what I don't like."

"And?"

"And he didn't like it." she said

"What do you like that made him silent like that?"

"I like you." Nam said to me.

"Nam..." I started, lowering my voice so the cab driver couldn't hear me.

"Hey! I'm just kidding! How handsome do you think you are that I couln't get over you? Hahaha"

"Well, I'm handsome enough that a girl like you would like me." said I, stealing a glance to the girl beside me.

Nam went silent instantly, looking at the window and was drawing her emotions. She was like in a music video with the city's night lights flowing in and out of her face through the closed window of the car, and she asked, "Are you handsome enough to make In fall for you?" then faced me with concerned look.

I shrugged the question away. I don't know what's In is thinking. He didn't even explain to me every thing.

"Are you two okay now?" Nam added, making me pull my consciousness back from the city lights.

"Maybe." I told her. "He said I should give him a chance, and he looked like true to his words."

"Yeah. I know In." Nam said absentmindedly.

I nooded in return.

"but if he ever hurts you again, I'll kick his face right away!"

Nam then raised his fist, as if about to punch me, then we both laughed.

I wish In's really back to his former self already.

It makes me feel excited seeng him smile at me in the classroom when we get back.

...and I can't clear my mind of his almost naked body in front me...

Aunty's house was silent when I got back. The house suddenly turns into a safe haven of mine without aunty who always rumbles of petty things that I don't even know how she makes angry of.

I took the stairs to my room and settled myself on the wooden chair beside my bed.

I turned the lamp on as I situated my hands on the table and gave light to my belongings. The puppy stuffed toy that In gave me was lying on its side on the lamp's foot. I slowly draw it towards me and rubbed it, smiling as I remembered In's smile to me this morning.

On the corner of my study table was the teddy bear that P'Ken gave me, staring at me that made me jump upon remembering P'Ken.

I quickly looked for my phone, then I remembered that it was still with In.

"Sh*t! Khothot P'" I shyly said to the teddy bear as I twisted it back so it won't stare at me anymore and won't give me killing looks.

The night has finally come to an end again. It was the night of one of the best moments of my life with In. One of the nights that I didn't cry out of pain, but smiled out of happiness.

I slowly stood up and took In's shirt out of my body. I traced the two-letter word I and N with my left thumb. I wore off the trousers next ad left my boxers alone.