Track 13: Lost Smile

"I still remember when my ex girlfriend gave me that." said by a voice that I've only heard a few times before.

I stopped walking for a moment and thought again if he's really the owner of the voice, and the handkerchief.

I turned slowly. He's wearing a black shirt printed with the number 14. He's of the same height as me. A slim body, this boy has.

How can he bully someone with this bodyI thought again.

"This is yours?" I asked him while still wondering about him being a member of the Big Five.

He just smiled and slowly stepped few paces nearer to where I was standing "Hi Sun." Lot greeted, looking directly into my eyes.

I didn't know what to answer him. Why would he pity me when I was crying? "Is this yours?" I asked him again.

"Why? Are you gonna cry again? Don't worry, I'll let you wipe your tears with that if you want to." Lot teased.

What Lot said made me convinced myself that it was really him that consoled me when I was crying, but it made me embarrassed too. I pushed his hanky to his chest hardly that it made him frown, but I never felt sorry on doing it.

"Why are you giving it back?" Lot picked it up when it fell to the ground by his thumb and pointy finger, showing me that he felt disgusted by it then threw it on my face.

Are all big five like this?

"What? It's yours right? I'm returning it now." I said with a trace of innocence in my voice.

"It was mine, yes, but I already gave it to you. Besides, I don't think you've washed it, your gay tears might still be there!" Lot laughed.

I mocked him by acting that I was about to punch him, but the bully Lot didn't even bulge from his feet, instead pushed his body nearer mine. All I could do was look away from his teasing eyes and stepped back.

"but you don't smell like the handkerchief's scent." I shyly said when I noticed how his scent differs from what I was expecting the owner to be when I sniffed him. I sniffed the air once again but I couldn't smell Lot's perfume now.

"Okay. It wasn't me." He admitted.

My jaw dropped. My eyes widened. After all of what he said and he'll say that it wasn't him? What's with this big five?

Lot laughed so hard. His laughs echoed through the hallway that made me doubt on his brain. Is he crazy?

He paused laughing for a moment, then bolted through his laughs, "I know now why In likes you." then Lot laughed again so hard that he was already touching his stomach. After about two minutes of his crazy laughing, he finally steadied himself and confirmed it by patting my head twice and shaking my hair,"you're just too innocent to be bullied." He said with his teary eyes.

"What do you mean by," I paused, embarrassed on asking it to him,"In liking me?" I raised my head from looking down and looked him to the eyes.

My question made his smiling face turn into a serious one. It was like he was caught stealing something.

"Lot! You still wanna play or what?" from Lot's back, a monster interrupted our conversation.

"I'll follow. Just wait a moment In." Lot answered then In went back to the field, his eyes still on us.

"It was me who offered you that handkerchief, and you're welcome." Lot explained,"I don't have my own perfume, so I used Tae's that day and I was using the perfume of one of my girlfriends today." 

I scratched my head, allowing his words to register into my mind. He has more than one girlfriends. Okay. He has no perfume. Okay. But something's still missing and I don't know what it is.

"I'll go back now." Lot said but I was still standing there, not understanding what just happened while still clutching Lot's handkerchief.

I absentmindedly walked back to my own group. What Lot said about In liking me hasn't been washed out of my mind. His words echoed through my ears for the hundredth time already.

I know now why In likes you.

I don't know why Lot would know that. Did In tell him? 

I returned to the group along with the ringing of the bell telling the end of classes. The students started exiting the buildings already.

Oh, Nam and Peach were still there, laughing and talking with a person in long sleeves and black pants.

"P'Ken, why are you still here?" I sat beside him and crossed my hand over his neck.

"So, I'll go now. Bye Peach, Bye Nam, Bye Oh. And Sun," his voice lowered when he looked at me, then released himself from my hand as his smiles slipped out of his lips. "Goodbye." he ended.

All of us became silent by P'Ken's sudden leave. Wasn't he happy of my appearance? I raised my shoulders on Peach, Nam and Oh, asking them on what I have done wrong, but they also seemed clueless of P'Ken's reactions.

"Go after him." Nam suggested.

I stood. The hallway's already full of students who were getting through the forest of bodies in white. I searched for P'Ken until I finally found him near the gate. I grabbed him by his hand and pulled it for him to face me but he won't look at me. 

"P'Ken." I said through the loud steps of the students. "Are you mad at me?" 

P'Ken shook his head, still not looking at me.

I walked to his front and told him again, "P'Ken, Please don't be mad at me."

Then P'Ken's smile that I have reasoned to lose finally greeted me again. He chuckled and shook my hair with his right hand. 

"I'm not mad at you." P'Ken denied.

---

A/N  Khob Khun krap for the votes and comments ^^