Chapter 9

"I have found players to take the two openings. This is Jake Puckerman and Ryder Lynn. Also hit the showers practice is over. You two follow me. I will give you everything back, even you jerseys." Coach Beiste said. We got our things and put what we can in our lockers. I then said bye to Jake and headed out of the school to head home until I saw her. The one person I missed the most. I saw Kitty waiting there on the phone.

*Kitty's POV*

I was waiting for my mom to come and get me from school. But she is ruining late. I pulled out my phone to see if she tried to call me. Of course she didn't. I pressed her contact to call her.

I listened to it ring and ring. Until I got her voicemail. I listened until the beep. I then recorded my message to her,

"Hey mom. It's me. You must have lost track of time of something. But you told me you would pick me up after Cheerios practice. You are late. Don't worry I am just going to walk." I then hanged up and bragged my bags to start walk home.

"Hey." I heard and I turned to see Ryder.

"Hey." I said.

"Are you walking home?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" I asked him.

"I was wondering if I could walk you home." He asked me.

"Sure whatever." I said. I am kind of happy he is walking me home. I haven't felt safe walking home. I have felt like someone watching me since summer. Then I found out that Nicole was in town. I just don't know about her brother. So that kind of scares me.

"So how have you been?" Ryder asked me.

"Okay I guess." I said. I really didn't want to talk to him.

"So I read everything in the folder." He said.

"Okay." I said to him.

"I wish I was here for you. I didn't know you were feeling." He said to me.

"I really don't want to talk about it." I said. The rest of the walk was quiet. He walked me all the way home. I said good-bye and went inside.

*Rachel's POV*

When I heard the bell for the end of the day. I was sitting in my office. It is weird calling it my office. I was planning assignments for weeks when I looked up and saw the one person I really didn't want to talk to right now. I saw....