Chapter 48

"Dinner is done." My mom said. We then all went over to the table and took a seat. We all having a great time. My friends always know they are always welcomed at my house no matter what. My families like all my friends. They look them as family members.

"So, Ryder told this was for the soldiers. May I say thank you Noah Puckerman for keeping our country safe." My father said.

"No problem sir." Puck said.

"Kitty, didn't you say your brothers are fighting for our country?" My father asked.

*Kitty's POV*

"Yes. They all are in the branches. I am very proud of them." I told him.

Of course, Ryder's family know about my brothers and everything. I am proud of them. They are my everything. They have helped me when my parents couldn't. Mostly when I have those days I really miss them. But they are there to help me.

"I know you miss them. But they are proud of you as you are proud of them." Ryder's father said.

"Yeah. But they are doing good for our country. They love it." I said.

We had a great dinner. Everyone then headed our own way. We were all heading home. I was getting ready to leave. Then Ryder's mom came over to me.

"You going to be okay walking home honey? I would rather let Ryder give you a ride home." She asked me.

"Yeah. I will be fine." I told her.

I wanted to walk home. I need to think. The night air and everything would give me that time. I then put my jacket on and I said good bye to everyone. Ryder then walked me out the door. He then looked at me and asked,

"Do you want me to walk with you?"

"No. I will be fine. I will text you when I get home." I told him.

"Deal. Just if anything happens call me. I will be there in a heartbeat." He told me.

"I know." I said. I then gave him a hug and then I left.

This week was hard on me. It reminded me how much I do miss my brothers. They have been gone so long. I wish they were here. Mostly to see how everything is. Also, see me in glee. My new life and better life. But I know they are doing good with what they are doing. But it's just hard.