Chapter 40

I shut the lid to my laptop. I didn't want to talk to them anymore. I don't know why my parents did it. What they don't know was this really hurt me. Not hearing from them. I just laid there in my bed. Thinking everything over. My brain had enough and just shut down. I fell right asleep.

It was Monday. The weekend went by fast. I just stayed home for the whole weekend. I woke up that Monday morning. I get ready for my day. I went downstairs to get a quick breakfast. I then saw my mother was making breakfast.

"Morning." I said confused. Usually she would be gone by now. It was a surprise to see her home.

"Morning sweetheart." She said.

"Is that pancakes?" I asked.

"Yes. Thought it would be a good treat for you." She said.

"Thanks." I said taking a seat at the table. She then brought me over a plate stacked with pancakes.

"Eat up. I will be taking you to school." She told me.

"Okay." I said.

I then ate in silence. I didn't know what was going on. If she didn't work. She would be hanging out with her so call friends. Something is not right. Something is up. I just don't know what.

We then headed to school. It was quiet in the car. Either of us said a word. The music was playing. But that was the only thing you heard. We then got to my school. Instead of just pulling up and letting me get out. She parked.

"We need to talk." My mom told me.

"About what?" I asked confused.

"Your father and I have noticed you are not yourself. We are worried. Is there something going on?" She asked me.

"No. Why would you ask me that?" I asked her.

"Because ever since that glee club came back. You have been different. Not yourself." She said to me.

"Are you kidding me? That club is the only thing that is helping me. It's not what is making me be myself." I said.

"Kitty, it's just this all started happening around when that club came back." She told me.

"How would you have known? You and dad are barely home or around." I said.

"We are too." She said.

"No you are not. If you two are not at work. You guys are out and about with friends or travel or whatever you want. But not around to see me." I said.

She didn't say a word to what I said. I just got out of the car and went into the school. I can't handle this right now. I headed to the place I know I would be okay. I went to the....