Chapter, 8

Eight months later.....

"Let me go !" I said in exasperation.

"No, you're gonna stay here." He ordered and gestured me to sit down.

"They're gonna catch us if I won't go now." I tried to explain him but he pretended to be deaf. "Leo, please." I pleaded although I knew if he'll allow me or not, I'll just go.

"No.'His replied sternly and I knew if I won't make a move right now, they'll catch us and I couldn't afford losing this mission.

We were after a gang who had been kidnapping kids to sell their body parts. We had already rescued the children but the few members of the hand ran away. Four were caught. Two left.

We were now in a dense,thick forest hiding behind a bush and waiting for the members to arrive  to kick their asses and go home as soon as we could. Leo suggested this plan and I was against it. I needed to go home and sitting there was only time-consuming.

I huffed and —as quietly as I could—started sliding back. But my luck was dig deep in earth as Leo caught my wrist and pulled me towards me.

'Don't.' He warned. The nearness of our faces made my breath hitched. I opened my mouth to say something but no words come out so I merely nodded. He stared at me and in the moonlight filtering out of the leaves, something flashed in his eyes but it disappeared as soon as I could catch what it was. He whipped his head away and looked at the opposite direction.

'We should change our position.' He stood up and began walking thinking that I'd follow him but in my mind, I had already decided to leave him. . He started walking forward thinking that I would follow him but instead I got the opportunity and ran away. I was sick of following him and wanted to find my own way and so did I.

I ran through the dense forest and stopped when I heard the leaves being crushed . My instincts urged me to hide behind a tall tree. With the growing loudness of footsteps every second, I drew out my knife and waited for their arrival.

'Someone's here!' One shouted.

Waiting there for any other second would be a mistake and I made one.

I stooped down as one stabbed the knife in the tree trunk right above my head(and probably in my head if I wouldn't've bent down). He looked down , groaning as he conjectured that he missed the target.

I smirked and raised my knee up to where the sun never shines. He crouched forwards while the other one ran for me. I grabbed the arm of the bent one, twisted it above my shoulder until he whined and snatched the gun from his twisted hand. I pulled the trigger back and shot the man running towards me in the head.

From the corner of my eye, the bent one twitched. He charged at me. I ducked. In no minutes of time he froze with his fist drawn back, his right leg forward and his left leg bleeding as I stabbed him right in his thigh. I rolled to my side to avoid the very punch I should've received a while ago. He lent against the tree to support himself. He hauled his gun out from his pocket...

'Elsa!' Leo yelled my name from a distance capturing my attention for the briefest of second.

BAM!

I was thrown across the tree I first considered hiding. My back hit a rock. Leo shot the man —who had his gun at me —in head and he fell instantly. Leo propped himself up and outstretched his hand for me. I grimaced as my spinal cord straightened and sent waves of pain down my body.