Chapter, 43

The chapter's here! Enjoy reading guys.

'Elsa baby, come downstairs! Dinners ready.' My mom called me from downstairs. I smiled and placed my colour pencils down as I rushed downstairs. Just as I landed, I saw mom in the kitchen cutting some vegetables. I tip toed from behind her and wrapped my arms around her stomach.

'I got ya.' I said and giggled as mom turned around and tickled me.

'No, I got ya.' She said in her fruity voice. I ran in the lounge but mom caught me an flirted me off with her hands around my stomach.

'Put me down.' I said and kicked my legs in the air as random giggles escaped my lips. My attention snapped to the tv that suddenly sounded too loud for its own good.

Animated characters sprawled in the screen. Their gaits were different almost too much weird. A cow boy, with a gun stood in front of the pack of zombie-people that said nothing but made grunting sounds. The cow boy loaded his gun and aimed at a boy from the pack of people. He was about to press the trigger when television turned blank.

'Mom, why you turned it off?' I grunted.

'Because it is not good.' Mom said calmly and picked up a leather-cover book and placed it on the night stand.

'But why. They were bad people and he was about to kill them. It would be fun.' I reasoned with her.

She smiled an ruffled my hair and kneeled down. 'They are not bad Elsa. They're influenced. It makes them do bad things and killing them is never—

'Elsa!' Someone shreiked in my ear alarming my insides. I tried to find the source but  everything was blurred until someone snapped its fingers in front of my face. 'Yo Els, I never thought you the girl to day dream and wait for her Prince Charming on a white horse to pick your ass up and take you to his bloody castle built by his father's black money and forced you to be his wife.' Austin remarked.

'Damn you! You just ruined my whole childhood!' Chloe exclaimed but I didn't answer rather sliced my breakfast and ate it.

'Elsa, seriously girl what's wrong?' Someone asked but I concentrated on my chewing.

'I'm fine. Just a bit tired I guess.'

'Girl you're slicing your bread , dipping it in water and eating it like it's a lollipop.' Chloe commented.

I dropped down the loaf of bread and stood up. 'I'm done.' I picked up my plate and dropped it in the sink.

'Hey did you saw something like...' Stephen trailed off expecting me to finish the sentence.

My eyes lingered on the happy and eager faces waiting for me to speak. What would I tell them? That I saw , or hear nothing? That I had a dreamless night and I just had dreamt one of my childhood memory that even I don't remember where it came from?

I pushed aside my questions and my confusions and stared at them. 'I did saw something.' Just as words escaped from my mouth, they all gathered in front of me. At that moment, I wished I wouldn't have ever spoken that sentence. 

'What did you see?' Justin asked eagerly.

'I...Er... I had a...sorta dream.' I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt. I didn't know why I was doing it? Why could I simply tell them the truth? But their merriness took away the only strength I once mustered. 'I was siting in a room and ... Er.. you guys were there and...'

'And what?' The twins asked in unison  eagerly.

'And we were talking ... I mean discussing something.' I somehow completed my sentence.