Chapter, 54

I was right. The view was devastating. Houses were broken, cars were crushed , Grounds were barred, trees were being shattered down in bits to make room for the construction of factories. People whimpered but their loud cries became silent whispers for metallic heads.

The view was what I wanted to skip by closing my eyes and strangely, sleep came in.

'Mom!' I said. 'What's That?' I pointed towards a black leather covered diary.

Mom smiled at me. 'It's answer sheet.'

I jerked my head. 'What do you mean?'

'When you'll grow up, the first thing I'd like you to do is to find this.'

'Why?'

'Your answers would only be here.' She smiled and wrote something in the diary and shut it close. She smiled again. A warm, beautiful smile I simply wanted to lock it in to keep it safe.

I was shook awake. The defeating sound of the rotor and the rubbing of metal woke me up.

The helicopter landed. Moon shone fiercely on the sky. I looked at The dark hunters only to find them staring back at me. Our hearts beat loudly. Our minds processed an escape meanwhile wanting to terminate it all. We all took a deep breath. This was what we had to do. One step wrong and we'll all be in big trouble.

I stepped out and everyone else, following my footsteps did too. A smile stretched across my face as I recognised a smart figure in white lab coat waiting for us. 'Hello Dr. Madison.' I greeted. 

In return, she smiled and walked forward. 'It's so nice to receive your letter I reckon was written by Stephen,' She moved her head toward Stephen who awkwardly itched his neck. 'Clever.'

'We did not have any other means,' I said. 'We were unable to make any sort of contact with anyone. I hope you did what was directed in the letter.'

'For sure.' She said but a flicker of mischief in her eyes made me uneasy. I chose to ignore it when I shouldn't have. She seemed happier. Look happier as if everything had fallen into place but nothing was. It was just the beginning. The curtains needed to fell and the show needed to start.

And just when I thought things would be fine. The puzzle could be solved, a silhouette arrived. The person I never understood to either hate or like. The person who always had been mischievous in his own way.

Dr. Drake. Dr. Madison's husband.

He moved forth, with a contracting figure, binding his hands behind his back and rolling his tongue inside of his cheeks while smiling at the same time. I still remember the glimpse I caught of his arm when I was running in the hospital to review the cctv camera footages. The tattoo he had adorned had now put up its meaning into my mind.

I asked Stella about it and she had answered, 'It's a sort of category among sectators. The alphabets represent of the job according to your calibre but it goes in descending order. E means the person is loyal to Hades and the numbers is merely a label.' Stella had explained and showed me a tattoo of A-6. According
to it, she was at the lowest of calibers.

Now that I recall my memory, his D-4 tattoo had brought him at a middle level. I had always knew he was not right but when I stole that glimpse, I was sure of it. I fidgeted with my ring to overcome the little outburst of anger I was certain would only bring a fault in our plan.

'Elsa, what a pleasure,' Dr. Drake smiled but I didn't return it.

'Shame. Can't say the same.' I replied.