Chapter,30

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the beauty ⬆️

Just three steps to make my day:
*Vote
*comment
*follow

ENJOY!

Happiness is when you want the moment when it came to stop. Stop for long. Sometimes happiness become so rare for you that it takes a lot more time for you to taste it. And the moment that finally your tastebuds explore it , it's gone.

Does it happen to you? Cause it does a lot to me. At that day, everything was perfect. For the perfect ritualistic gathering around the table of the breakfast, Dave -his arm draped around my shoulder-and I ambled towards the table.

They all chattered and hooted when the realisation of us on good terms hit them. All of their lips were tucked up in a smile, and automatically it turned mine upwards too.

But someone was missing.

Someone I wanted to see how I finally had a control over my nerves and everything turned out to be OK but he wasn't there. His smile would've faded everyone else's but right now, his absence glowed others'.

I furrowed and searched him among the silhouettes of chattering voices. Finally when I failed, I asked Jake, 'Where's Leo?'

He looked up. Annoyance flashed across his face but he forced a smile anyways. 'I don't know. He hasn't showed up yet.' He answered dismissively and turned back to scrolling through Instagram.

I gazed around and met Dave's eyes who threw me a smirk. 'What?' I asked him , totally annoyed.

'No. Nothing . I just wanted to ask if you left anything back in the room or not.' Dave replied and settled himself on the chair next to Chloe who gave her a smile which I never expected her to give to anyone.

'How'd you about the room?' I questioned Dave. He didn't said anything back but rather threw a glance over the twins before continuing the fidgeting with his and Chloe's fingers.

'Wait you were involved too in the single-room prank?' I gave the twins and Dave a death glare who returned the my glare with a sheepish smile.

'You are sharing a room with Leo?' Jake asked me.

'No I'm not it was just a prank.' I tried to explain.

'So you did share a room with him.'

'No Jake. We just arrived here, changed and went to our mission and when we returned , I had my room.' I told Jake but he didn't seem satisfied.

'Oh you changed.' Dave mocked and I gave him another death glare.

'Dave shut you ass up or I swear I won't bother to punch you to death.' I warned him and Jake's jaw clenched. I tried to ignore and turned on my heels. 'Bastards.' I whispered.

As the door of the lift slid apart and a pre recorded voice wailed  around the lift "fourth floor", I walked out and moved forth my one-day previous room.

I knocked once then twice but no one said anything. When I knocked the third time, a little harder this time, the door clicked and opened.

And there was the smile I had been craving among the crowds. There it was hidden behind the four walls. Butterflies exploded in my stomach and my heart danced in my chest.

I bit my bottom lip as I looked at his bare chest that canvassed random cuts , bruises and breath-taking muscles. They all faded except for the one over his ribs that looked fresh but slightly recovered. His prominent muscles and six abs itched my fingers to touch them and to restrain them, I shoved my hands in my pockets.