Chapter, 21

With the man behind me, I bent forwards and threw the him.

Someone else come from behind me and I elbowed him, kicking him in the area. Since the lights were off, it was hard for me to find anything that I could use as a weapon. I couldn't even decipher how many were they.

Just as I am about to move, my world almost stops as someone stabs knife in my arm and threw me away. Before a scream can escape my mouth, someone stuffed fabric in my mouth. I yelp in pain as they move my arm and tie them with a rope. My previous wound had not been completely healed yet and now this.

I try to move up but they throw me back against the wall again. I yell and scream but they all are muffled due to the fabric. I hear some shuffles and the opening and closing of drawers.

I push myself up to stand. I blink away the tears that pain brought. What is happening?

Just as I try to move to the door, I am pushed back again, this time, I am held back by a man. 'Stay bitch.' He hissed.

I wail as his nail dig right in my wound. I bring my head back and hit him. As he losses his balance, I kick him in his stomach.

The door opens and Leo, holding his laptop, comes inside. 'Elsa, I was thinking— what the fuck?' Without thinking, he reached for the man who was surfing through my drawers. He punched the man and directed the man's gun to his head and fired.

Before Leo can get to the man holding me back, he jumps out of the window.

Leo ran to the widow and looks down. 'Who were they—oh shit! Elsa!' As he ran for me, he turned the lights on while I fall on the ground. 'What happened?' He kneeled beside me, helping me sit.

He untied the rope and took the fabric out of my mouth. My hands instantly shot up to my wound as I panted.

Leo, taking his shirt off, wrapped it around my wound. 'Come on,' he picked me up in bridal style. 'Let's go to hospital.'

***

I close the bathroom door behind me only to find Leo, laying on my couch, with his legs on the handle. 'What are you doing here?'

Leo looked up from his phone. 'How are you now?'

'Much better.' I sit on the bed. 'You didn't answer my question.'

'I was just here to check up on you.' He scratched the back of his neck as he sat.

'You are the seventh person to check up on me in one hour.' I tell him. 'I mean like, geez, chill. We are agents. These things happen besides, it's been five days.'

'Yeah but still,' he ran his hand through his hair, 'How did they get in here in the first place?'

'Marie.' I told him. 'She must've sent them.'

Leo rolled his eyes. 'Come on Elsa. We need to think logically.'

'What? Do you think it's not logical enough? Just think about it,' I threw my hands in the air, 'who else can know about our door passwords?'

Leo shook his head. 'I don't know but I am sure as hell she was not the one.'

'Why don't you believe me?' I asked, frustrated.