Chapter 57

Liam shot down the remaining three sectators with the gun he had. Austin couldn't hold himself anymore and practically jumped over Liam in a manner of hug (but it seemed like jump since he had taken him all over). 'Imma marry you.' Austin squealed.

Liam let out a laugh. 'Ah, I missed you,' he said. 'But I'd like to marry someone with some boobs.'

'Surely I have some,' Austin looked down at his chest. 'Nah man , I'm out,' he then glanced at his belly. 'Does fat counts?'

'Nope.' Liam answered with a light chuckle.

'It's good to see you.' Leo said. 'You look ugly as fuck though.' Leo smiled and they both bumped their fists.

'Had to sacrifice hair for friends.' Liam said.

'It's amazing!' I said out loud but then reluctantly composed myself. 'We need to get going.'

Cause we badly needed to partly because of the little piece of information Jake gave me about the completion of Hades' weapon.

'How did you get here?' I asked Liam as we rounded off a corner.

'Well, let me confess ; I'm an idiot.'

'We know.' We all said simultaneously.

'I accepted another mission in Australia after your birthday Elsa, and couldn't make contact with you guys and I have no idea why. Then Dr. Madison transferred me the letter you guys sent her explaining me the present circumstances. I got back here as soon as I could.'

'When?'

'About a week ago. Just enough to consume all of Hades' technical information and so far, I have succeeded.'

'How come he didn't recognise you?'

'Fake ID. Fake agent Code,' Liam lifted off his sleeve and there, in bold letters over his forearm was written 'B-3'. He had got a higher rank. 'A hella beard, a big bald head and ragged condition quite make a difference. I'm still stunned how you recognised me though?' He asked Austin.

Austin shrugged. 'Bromance,' and then he suddenly remembered. 'Did you bring me what I asked?'

Liam silently handed him a USB.

'Shh...'

We rounded off a corner , shut our mouths, silenced our footsteps and held our breaths. The impossible aisles ended and we were here, at the core of the headquarter. Just like Stella had described. Stella.

The hallway was lined with robots, marching alertly, creepily rotating their heads and their eyes scanning the irregularities around. The robots had grown advanced with built in weapons like guns as their hands, scanners as their eyes, and spikes as their knees.

Creepy.

The march of the robots seemed impossible to pass but we waited, waited and waited for the perfect moment which waited for us at the corner.

Suddenly, a robot fell down. Leo pressed the button. The other robots instantly drew their attention towards it for a what seemed like mili second and that mili second was for us to get instantly to our right.

We slipped into the lift which was open with Leo's pressing the button and was located immediately to our right.

The door of the lift cling and closed. I bit my bottom lip to cease the fast heartbeat drumming in my ears. Leo slid his hand into mine in an assuring manner and nodded.

It was enough for me at per moment.

The door of the lift opened. Liam let out a breath ,pulled his shoulders back , set the gun on his shoulders and with a march, stepped out of the elevator with us following him behind.