Chapter ,28

Me thinking about my life like🔝
*****
Sometimes silence feels to be only thing you're desperate of. Sometimes you get tired of noise, of drama that all you need is silence.

Silence to let your mind shut. Silence to let you breathe. Silence to figure things out. It is always needed. Sometimes it scares us, make us think that we're alone , frighten us by the reduction  of noise but it gives us peace.

Just like that, the drive to the hotel was silent. Neither of  us spoke. Perhaps our fragility of peace scared us. But we overtook the horror. We didn't need anymore fears. We've learned.

'Jewel!' Someone spoke softly and maybe the softness ceased me to get out of my peace.

'Jewel. Get up or I'll carry you in my arms and take you to my ...' The same gentleness repeated. However with different words. The words reappeared again and again in my mind...

Carry you in my arms and take you to my ...

And that's when I snapped my eyes open. 'HOLY SHIT!' I said and struggle to get out of where I was. But instead I tripped and fell on the ground. My head hit hard on the tiles and I yelped. 'Ouch!'

Someone began laughing and I quickly turned my neck towards the one who was probably the reason for all this.

Leo.

I gazed around so that my mind could function what exactly Is happening. It was a parking lot. Just a inch apart was mud sticked on a tire. Cause surely I was facing a tire of a car as I had fallen on a parking lot and beside me Leo was laughing his head off.

I shot him a  death glare but he didn't stop. 'Shut up and help me up!' I yelled and he outstretched his hand for me to take it but his laugh didn't stop. He wiped a fake tear from his eye as he helped me up with a one swift move.

'Stop laughing!' I said. Frustratingly. I dusted my clothes and narrowed my eyes towards a still-laughing Leo. 'Would you stop now?!'

He stopped but his chuckled continued to echo in the empty parking lot. 'I didn't know you will take that as a warning.' He stated and closed the passenger door from which I fell so badly. My head pounded and my vision doubled for a mere second.

'Who the hell wake someone like that!' I spat and made my way in the hotel. Leo followed suit and sprinting, he caught up with me.

'Well that's confirm that you were totally dreaming of me.' He said and waved back to a receptionist who threw him a flirtatious look. I rolled my eyes and pressed the button for the lift to come down.

'I will never ruin my dreams by having you in them.' I lied and he suspiciously looked at me but in a while, an amused look clouded his eyes. 'Liar.' He simply said.

'Ms Stone?' A squeaky voice called me from behind. I turned around and met a blonde, short heightened, but beautiful receptionist. Without waiting for my answer, she continued , ' The room no. 245 that you reserved have been emptied and is prepared. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.' She halted and looked shamelessly up and down towards Leo while twirling a strand of her hair.

'Another room?' I asked also rather  than the receptionist and threw him a suspicious look. 'Did you just play  a prank?'

Leo shrugged. 'It was twins' idea. But I guess it was a good one. Cause Jewel the look you had on your face was worth taking a picture and displaying it as a banner.' He said and chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at his lame joke and looked at the receptionist who had now came a little more closer to Leo than needed and slid her hands too and down on Leo's arm. I tapped her shoulder almost hard enough to increase the distance she was desperately trying to decrease. She snapped back to reality and looked at me as if I had stabbed her. 'I'm sorry... um...what?' She asked confusingly.