Chapter,34

No, I won't be asking about votes here. But a little thanks for reading. Enjoy!

It was blank. All black until I heard a voice. A voice of a little girl lost in the dark. She yelled, screamed in pain and all she said. 'No. Don't! Please.' Her voice broke in the end and it crushed me within.

I slowly opened my eyes. Panic plastered in my mind and fear impulsed me. Fearsomely, I took a deep breath before opening my eyes and suddenly my fears evaporated as I looked in the face that sent chills down my spine. His peaceful face helped me with my breathe. He still seemed to be in deep sleep.

I slightly lifted up my head to see what time it was but he tighten his arms qaround my waist more. But despite it, I successfully managed to catch a glimpse of moon from the barred window. A scintilla of merriness ravelled In my veins bringing a small smile on my face. My mind finally functioned that it was a dream but why it felt so real? I almost thought that it was me lost in the darkness.

I closed my eyes and fell back on the bicep of Leo which worked as a pillow for me. Not caring for my dream anymore, I lifted up the covers to my shoulders and snuggled in his chest. His redolent made my eyelids heavier and soon, sleep came again.

Sunlight intruded in my blankness. I opened my eyes to meet a ray of light piercing my eyes. I immediately shut them. After a few blinks when my eyes finally adjusted, they landed on the figure sleeping next to me ; Leo.

The lucent light filtered from the barred window and patterned on Leo's face. His eyes were peacefully closed and he breathed evenly. His voluminous hair spread on the pillow exposing his forehead which adorned a cut. It reminded me of the fight he had with Jake. His rage and dark eyes frightened me to death at that moment. It was true Leo was cold in the beginning almost for a year. But I never saw him this furious before.

We never talked much. We'd discuss our mission and would divert to our own paths. We never had much in between and it felt like I'd never be able see happiness again but as time went by, he exuberantly enjoyed everything , opening a little for someone else too . And so did I.

He told me what happiness is. He showed the beauty of my own and pushed me past the limits. He believed me and I never felt more alive than I did then.

When I saw him that day, fighting —almost killing Jake, I thought I lost him. I thought the old Leo was back and that I lost his new form again. But I was wrong, he was there, always. I just needed to look past the cold , bad boy. And I'm glad I did.

I looked at our position. His one arm was a pillow for my head and other  snaked around my waist. Our nose tips touched so I placed my head a bit backward . Our legs roped and tangled in one and another We were in the same position as we were before when I woke up in the middle of the night which I still couldn't make up why I did.

I landed my eyes on his face again, thinking why the hell is he so handsome? I wanted to caress his face , ran my hands through his hair but I didn't. Rather I decided to get up or I won't be able to exercise.

'Are you watching me sleep?' Leo's raspy voice caught me off guard. I looked at him but his eyes were still closed.

'No.' I stated. 'Why would I?'

'Cause you like me.' He commented and I rolled my eyes.

'You wish Black.' I said and was about to get up when he pushed me back to bed and instantly wrapped his body around me , shoving his face in the crook of my neck . My neck hairs stood up but I stilled myself. My heart was in my throat tightening it and hurdling in my breathing.

'You're not going anywhere.' He murmured in my neck and snuggled. I giggled trying to push him away but he didn't even budge.

'Why? It's already 8:00 in the morning.' I said amusingly.