Chapter, 48

I did not attracted danger this time. I went to the ruins a family experienced, confronted them, helped them to one of our agency's old hospital and shifted some to our agents' houses who once worked in Las Vegas like Leo did.

This is what we had been doing. The city was suffering from random attacks from like those two boys who once attacked me while I went after Stella to retrieve the stone. That was the beginning of the coming thunder.

Hades had taken control over the government. The police was under him and they were on guarding our street just in case we try to run away.

Many other agencies instead of the ones that were private were bought by him creating a big mass of chaos around the country. Injured were left unattended as hospitals were demolished for he built illegal industries for the manufacturing of robots with heavily weaponised and gave them artificial intelligence.

The metallic ball which once attacked me—known as ballugns—were released often now which were injected in Augmen and certainly became the most dangerous weapon since it would claw you until you cry in pain and would inject you the Augmen which would surely made you nastier just like it did to my friends before and poison you on the other hand so you work for Hades and he'll give you a poison treatment in return but during that treatment, your body would be fully transformed and you'll no longer be your previous self anymore and would become one of Hades' sectators.

And we were unable to go out as with tight security and because of ballugns but we learned their weaknesses such as the guards would doze of during night because we would jinx their drinks or food. Last time Austin slipped Chloe's nail glue remover into the guards fruit punch —he was out of toxic substances—and that guard had a mouth burn.

I took my shoes off and walked to the kitchen to drink a glass of water. A shadow of a figure pacing around the kitchen greeted me. She had her head in her hands and walked around murmuring to herself some inaudible sentences. 'Everything's ok Stella?' I asked her as I opened the fridge and poured the water in the glass.

She looked up , a bit startled but a wave of relief washed over her face. 'Yes. Oh god I'm so glad you're here.' She said.

'O-Kay.' I said uncertainly. 'What's wrong?'

'Elsa Lauren...' Stella held her tongue as I greeted my teeth. I didn't hate her but she had done enough damage to us that liking her seemed to me impossible. She played the game so smoothly and till now, I have my doubts for Stella too but I was keeping quite a sharp eye on Stella just in case and so was everyone else.

'Go on.' I encouraged her. 'What's with her?'

'The police is under Hades and Lauren was imprisoned. Is it possible that I just go and check on her? Stella asked me.

'Why does it matter? She committed a capital crime. She would be sentenced to death soon.'

'I know but Elsa, there is still one day left for the Execution. Besides no matter how bad she becomes, she's still my sister.' Stella tried to reason with me.

I pounded over her words. 'What would you do if I say no?'

'I won't resist.' She looked down on her feet feeling ashamed.

'Fine then.' I told her. 'If you won't be back till 3 am, Stella then I'll suggest you to never.' I drank the water and tip toed to my bathroom to take a shower. I gave her four hours to gain my trust , four hours to gain everyone's and part of me wanted her to come back.

I didn't sleep rather worked.

I had to make a plan. The plan that would give us enough hope to continue fighting. I get up and see their faces full of hope as they want me to tell them prophecy but I give them just a smile but now I couldn't let them down by giving them no plan.