Chapter 60

EPILOGUE
————

Life is that game when one can't lose nor one can win. The paranoia of strange situations that keep revolving around you, is inevitable. And the most difficult thing is, you can't have the controller nor can you achieve it cause in the end, life would either turn everything down or simply up. The facile of directions seem too obvious but it took centuries for human beings to actually understand the perceptions of the nature that—always—in the end, wins.

Two lives depended on me that horrible night. Seven people were waiting for my only gesture and the whole country hoped for my one deed that could either destroy or lift up our fallen hopes crushed under the shoes of evil.

But that night, those twelve hours, that horrendous dark lifted off as sun shone . Even the grass danced under the sunlights. The leaves rattled the announcement of coming happiness. The wind swirled and curled whispering my aliveness. And the sky, it decided to finally lift off the curtains of pain and let the light enter into our dull breaths.

'Elsa,' I didn't turn around. The sorrow that scribbled roughly in Stephen's  voice was enough  to paralyse me. 'She's no more.' I clutched  my heart and shut my eyes.

How strange those words are. 'No more'. As if her presence was enough in this brutal world. Who would've thought that someone would die this mercilessly?

A cruel game of power and love, who won? The person with a strong determination to rule the world left it already but does it make me a winner? The girl who spent her whole life thinking about how easy her life would be if she was a normal girl. The girl who marched through the thorns just to save what she loved, destroy the one who destroyed her love ones, did she won? Did she save her love? Her mother?

Who left this world just so easily. Like she longed for such departure. But why wouldn't she be? It was easy. It was painless. The actual pain was when she opened her eyes after staying in hospital for two months and said only words after I begged her apology ; 'I'm proud of you'.

That was painful when her breath would sometimes struck so badly because her lungs couldn't work probably as her ribs were fractured for that beast tortured her that badly.

That was painful when her heartbeat onto the CRO would threaten to straight itself in the times of nights.

That was painful when I'd limbed towards her bed second after second just to see the speck of light, the brightness in her eyes that was hidden behind her eyelids.

That was painful when, upon seeing her pale and lifeless face under the cover of oxygen mask—the flash of all the blames and mistakes I made because I thought she never loved me would wave before me.

That was painful when I wanted the same news for mom that belonged to Leo that he survived.

That was painful when I just couldn't make up what I want to do with my life. Where I couldn't figure out whether I should be happy that I killed Hades or not.

That was painful.

For me to see. To hear. To feel the regret that I couldn't save her. And to think that I won would be so wrong to say cause I lost my mom to that monster who swallowed each and every ounce of happiness from my life.