Chapter, 42

'That's why I love you.' Leo whispered. My heart skipped a beat and I lifted my head off his chest to look in his eyes. They were changed. The sadness , sorrow  was now dissolved into confusion and trust clouded over. My emotions whirled in my mind, I didn't know what to feel or say or even think.

I opened my mouth my no words came out. I took a step back and looked down. 'I'm not asking you to say it back Jewel.' Leo said. However the uncertainty I expected refused to ravel in his voice. He sounded pleasant as if it's all he wanted. 'But I just wanted to let you know that I, Leo Black is in love with you Elsa Carter Stone.'

I almost choked on my words that didn't even come out. I never planned the night to be like this. I thought we'd have little chit chat and then we'd be good to go but, this, this just came out of blue.

My heart raced in my chest. Heart beating too fast , too loud that I thought even Leo would be able to hear it. I put a loose strand of hair behind my ear as suddenly , the little ant circling around the puddle of water and it's struggles seemed interesting. My mind searched for words, my eyes looked for distraction and my heart , my heart simply ran the marathon of leaping out of chest.

'Hey,' Leo stroked his knuckles across my cheek until it rested on my chin and lifted it up. 'Like I said before, I'm not forcing you to say it back. I just wanted you to know.' He caressed his thumb on my chin and pressed his lips on my forehead.

I closed my eyes to feel the warmth his lips sent down my body. Only then I realised the beats my heart made getting louder than the previous one. It was too much to take in, too much to feel. Just a minute before, sadness heaved me as the painful story unfolded. And now, I was heated like a tomato , a facade too mixed with too many emotions. 'I think we should go.' Was all I said and sat in the car.

oOo

You know the time where you come to know how many variations of eye colours are there among you. And you know when you come to know about it? When you have seven pair of eyes ogling you.

I fidgeted with my fingers in my lap getting sweaty from the wild fidgeting. I took a long breath to speak. 'Ooookk guys it's five minutes we've been siting like this.' I broke the uninvited silence. 'I guess we should be talking now.'

'Yes. Talking. I like it.' Justin said almost too instantly earning dreading looks from everyone.

'No seriously. Unzip your mouths and bark.' I said. 'Now.'

'Well you see its complicated. We better skip it.' Austin said uncertainly but shut up at the moment when received a death glare from me.

'OK guys enough of this.' Greg cleared his throat before continuing, 'Elsa you need to wear this ring because we need a prophecy.'

'And would anyone like to tell me what this prophecy shit is?' I asked sarcastically eying everyone but none in particular. 'Really guys this shit is scaring me as hell .'

'This stone,' Stephen picked up the ring, 'Tell us about the future. That's what prophecy is and it's necessary.' He put down the ring and slid it towards me.

My interest grew as I finally was happy to have the information I had been dreading long since. Stephen smiled at me and continued, 'The two pieces of the infinite stone play different role. That one,' He pointed randomly at the window, 'The one Hades has, gives power. Power for the thing you most desire. And this one,' He pointed at the ring, 'Gives us prophecy, a flash of future or at least a hint.'

'Hades has the other part and it's clear he wanted an army under him that'll help him rule the world and that part is giving him power for it. And this one will give us power for the future.' Stephen explained and leant back on his chair that bounced when carried his weight.