Chapter, 22

Leo POV

I wore my clothes as I came out of my shower.

With the towel still around my neck, I went in Elsa's room to checkup on her. It was only seven in the morning and she was peacefully cocooned in her blanket, dreaming the dream world. 

A small smile crawled up to my lips as I remembered a drunk Elsa from yesterday night. She wanted to be something to me, to mean something to me. Now that I think about it, my heart wavered as I recalled how close we were last night. 

I closed the door softly behind me and walked downstairs to see Austin and Justin cooking in the kitchen.

I sat with Dave on the table. 'Yo, bro.'

'Where's your mini mo?' Dave looked behind him.

'Remind me again why don't you have a girlfriend?' I mocked him.

'Ah,' he sat back on the chair, 'the one I want doesn't even look at me.' His eyes unfocused as if he was reminiscing something.

'She won't if you stay like this.'

'What the eff do you mean?'

'You know what I mean. Go, change your appearance. Wear some good clothes, have some style and most importantly, brush your hair, you Ape.'

Dave deadpanned. He opened his mouth to argue but closed it. He knew I was right.

Soon, to my annoyance, Jake came too. 'Good morning,' he chirped as he walked to the table. He dragged his chair back and sat on it. 'How are you doing?'

'Nice.' Dave answered for both of us. 'What about your mission? How is it going?'

'Ah,' Jake leaned back on the table. 'It's just proceeding. I'm thinking to quit from it.'

'Why? Weren't you trying to fulfil your goal of completing fifty missions to get a house for yourself or shit?' I tossed a pistachio in my mouth.

'Yeah, I still am. It's just that the guy I'm trying to find is untraceable. I don't think I'll ever be able to find him.'

I narrowed my eyes. 'Who is he?'

'Just a drug dealer and killer. Nothing much.' He dismissed the topic but I knew better. 'Hasn't Elsa waken up yet?'

'Not yet.' Dave told him.

'We should check up on her. She doesn't usually sleep this long.'

Because she has to reluctantly get up to practice. 'No, let her sleep.' I said.

Let her sleep for one day. She has been caught up enough.

'Okay, but just check up on her. Hey Chloe, can you check up on Princess?' Jake called out to Chloe who was just passing by Elsa's room. She rolled her eyes, gave Jake the look but whatever happened, she agreed. 'Would she take her meds?' Jake's persistence made my patience wary but I played it cool.

'Let her sleep. I told you, she's fine.'

'Says the one who left her in the forest when she was shot.' Jake snickers.