Chapter,39

It's ok , I'll keep on visiting

I'll be going after the ball so I just wanted to spend some time with you

I'm sorry I thought you'll hate me for it

I'll always have your back Els

Oh honey , I'd rather die than breaking the promise

And he did. He died but didn't break his promise. He had my back all the time. The times I was angry with him for choosing Chloe over me. The times , I refused to talk to him. The times , I shouted at him for not choosing me. The times, I danced with him never really knowing how it was my last dance with him.

Those times he had my back. Those times he kept his promise and when he was forced to break it, he died leaving me lost in the labyrinths of the emotion of my lost soul.

The sun refused to shine that day. The confetti of black tree wrapped the sky and refused any light to let me have. And I didn't need it either. I was tired, too lost , too weak to bear the light in my eyes anymore. The unbearable lost weighed me down in the pool of loses arising my guilts and regrets.

I woke up in my dark room again but this time, it didn't feel like mine anymore. The foreign feeling hung in the air and I just wanted to run away. I propped myself up —lifting the throbbing sensation cutting my head in half— with me. I closed my eyes. They felt dry, too dry at my lost. I took a sharp breath and pushed myself up but stumbled. I grabbed a hold of a lamp beside my night stand but it refused for the help and fell instead taking me with itself.

The door burst opened and a worried Leo with a pained face bursted in. He instantly ran for me and helped me up. While getting up, I suspected my leg weaken as when my body demanded it's support, it rather winced in pain.

Leo pulled me up to the bed. I sat on the edge of it with my bandaged head down. I didn't wanted to look up, it felt like if I will, everything will be teared down just with my look.

None of us said anything. We sat in the silence that killed each ounce of our fragile and tenuous bodies. I wanted to break it but the demanding flashes of previous circumstances kept reemerging in my mind presumedly haunting me down and locking my words in an unescapable cage.

'We lost them.' That's all I said.

The lost was half. After the explosion, we volunteered with the rescue teams and found none of the remains of Mom. There were only two conditions, either she was saved and must've made it out before the explosion or she was no more in this brutal world. Anyway, we did lose her.

Dave had been buried under the dewed soil leaving with all his jokes, smiles, and most of all his company which gave me hope for my existence but the hope was therefore seemed to be buried with him too.

Two days had passed since the grey atmosphere had gathered in the house. Two days since Chloe has her tears continuing flowing down her cheeks. Two days since the twins had not joked. Two days since Greg had buried himself in his phone . Two days since Stephen had not spoken a word. Two days since Leo had been in the training room , brushing his knuckles with punched on the punching bag thinking that that will lessen the pain but had been wrong since.

And me, I'm doing nothing. My limbs had weaken since the tragic day we all shared with a bright sun but that sun set off before dusk. A bandage wrapped itself around my head, my arm (the same one I was poisoned into once) , and my leg preventing me to dos May sort of exercise I wanted to. The food barely go down in my stomach and so do it happened to every one of us.

I was alone most of the time in my room. Even in the crowded house was not crowded anymore. Every lived in this house now, to protect me from what even I didn't know but they just can't protect me from my inner demons that haunt me every night.