Chapter, 24

'Shit!' I said as I heard the remaining five seconds on the clock when Leo bumped his shoulder on the door but it didn't open. 'Let's do it together.'

'No.' Leo ran back and collided his shoulder with the door again.

'Leo, come on, we don't have time.' I ran back with Leo to hit the door with my uninjured arm. But Leo pulled me back.

'No, Riff. Stand back.' He said but being a Riff, i didn't care as I ran with Leo and we both collided the door with our shoulder exactly when the last two seconds were left.

Leo held my hand and dragged me away from the house but it blew and we both flew up to the ground.

My injured arm hit the floor hard and I winced in agony. My breath I covered my face from the debris as someone held my hand. 'You alright?' Leo asked as I placed my palms on the ground full of debris and haul myself up.

Just my injured shoulder picks up my weight, I grimaced. 'Elsa?' Leo came from behind and held my shoulder. 'Are you ok?'

I nodded but before I could take another step forward, Leo caught me. 'Hey,' he breathed. His eyes landed down to my shoulder and without permission, he dragged my shirt down to my shoulder.

'What are you—'

'—it's bleeding.' He clenched his jaw and out of blue, he picked me up bridal style.

'Leo,' I said, utterly feeling awkward. He placed me down on a rock gently.

'We need to go back home,' he examined my shoulder again. 'It will catch infection.'

'No. I am not going home.' I said sternly. 'We need to find more about Matthew,' I lifted my shirt up to my collar, 'like who killed him.'

Leo, understanding, kneel down. 'I think I know who.'

When I furrowed, he fished his hand in his pocket and took a photograph out. 'We don't need to investigate Matthew, we need to investigate Dr. Dave.'

***

Holding my shoulder, I dismounted the bike after Leo gestured me.

We entered the hospital building and after putting our password in it, the door slid open. After seeing our agency badge, a nurse took us to a room where Dr. Madison was already waiting for us.

'Good evening, agents.' She made me sit on the bed and inspected my shoulder. 'Elsa, you need extreme care for your shoulder.'

'I know. It was just an emergency.' I casted a knowing look at Leo who nodded. Somehow, we were able to understand each other merely through our eyes.

'Dr. Madison, out of curiosity, may I come to know how your met Dr. Drake?'

Dr. Madison stunned. 'What's with the sudden question?'

'Just curious.' I added.

'It was a high-school love,' She narrated, 'he was a bad boy and I liked him.' When i raised my eyebrows at her, she just shrugged.

'What was the school?' Leo asked as he took his phone out, writing it down and simultaneously searching.

'I don't quite remember.'