Chapter, 6

Leo slowly scanned his thumb over a pad beside the door and the alarm went off.

'Relax, guys,' Leo spoke. 'It's just Elsa.'

Hearing my name, all the weapons were lowered. 'I thought there was a thief,' Someone among them spoke. 'God dammit. I have to pee.'

A boy run back into what I supposed was his room. Leo stepped back to give the others a clear view of mine. They all raised their eyebrows as if not believing me I was Elsa. 'So it you ...' one boy said. 'You are so tiny'

Another boy, who I supposed was his twin brother, elbowed him. 'He meant you are beautiful,' the dark haired boy smiled at me. 'You would like to eat something?'

Leo, looking at the boy's kindness, rolled his eyes and left the room. My heart pounded in my chest was I watched so many faces. As Jake stepped forward to help me out of this situation, I pushed past him, as well as all the boys and ran to my room.

Shutting the door loudly, I placed my hand on my chest to calm my racing heartbeat. How long would I be able to survive in here? I needed an urgent escape and analysing the situations, one thing was clear: I cannot run away so easily.

They all were agents carrying weapons like keys in their hands 24/7, living in a house full of passcodes and each wrong move being highlighted by an alarm. No doubt, they had accumulated systems and technology I could never have seen in my whole life but now, instead of being fascinated by the invention of human beings, It rather felt like I was a retinue.

I plopped on the bed and took a deep breath. I could not live there. That was hundred percent sure. And I needed a way out. But how was a three letter word that disturbed me the most. How could I escape all these restrictions? How can I fool these all master minds? How can I sneak out of all the eyes of the technology?

The question hung low in the air while I laid back and stared at the ceiling, thinking, analysing, plotting not until a rap on the door called me. 'Elsa?' It was Jake. Though he seemed really nice, I had decided not to trust anyone. People betray. People leave. People die. 'Are you alright in there?' When I didn't reply, he continued. 'Listen, we didn't mean to terrify you. We just thought that you might be in danger so, we ran down.' He explained while I traced the pattern on the ceiling with my eyes. My stomach still groaned for some food, my eyes tired, my head ached but it was my mind—my determination—that held me bonded to aliveness. 'Elsa? Are you alright?'

'I am,' I finally answered.

'Could you please open the door?'

'No,'

'Please,' his voice dipped in further concern, 'I just want to talk.'

'I don't trust you, Jake,' I said as I closed my eyes, 'so go away.'

'I know you don't but, for the sake of that little trust you gave me at the beginning, open the door,'

'It was not trust,' I replied. Or was it? 'Go away.'

'Listen,' I heard him sigh. 'We know what you are going through. We can totally understand. But, in a day, you have to come out, Elsa. You can't run away. You belong here. Better if you consider us your friends rather than your enemies. I promise, we will try to help you in every way possible.'

Something clicked in my mind and a smile grew on my lips. 'Alright,' I said. 'I am sleepy now.'

'Are you not hungry?' He asked.

I placed my hands on my stomach that groaned again. 'No,' I said. 'I am not.'

It's not the first time, anyway.