Chapter,29

'Holy Crap!' I sweared as realisation hit me hard.

'Elsa you're alright?' He asked me. Concern warmed his gentle and worried tone. His vocals were clear. It seemed like he hadn't been sleeping.

'Yes I'm fine. Sorry about what I just did , I was sleeping so it scared me...' I tried to explain awkwardly and heard Leo's laugh from the end.

'Oh I'm sorry for that.' He stated. His tone lightened and I didn't even realise how badly I wanted to hear this.

'We should stop apologising and get  to the point.' I reminded myself more than to him. I glimpsed at the screen before putting it on my ear. 'Why did you call me at 4 in the morning?'

'Oh that. I just wanted to apologise.' He replied and I fell back to the pillow considering that everything is fine.

'For what?' I asked him as I slipped the covers over my body and snuggled into the comfortable position I just created.

'You know that I was rude to you. I didn't mean to. I swear I didn't it's just that...' he trailed off and I bit my bottom lip as I perceived the truth that he saw my hurt. 'You were doing great and I didn't want to stop you but ...' he trailed off again but I remained patient. I knew he was being awkward. My touch had tensed his body and to be honest, I enjoyed it.

'Awkward.' I finished off.

'Yes. Awkward.' He finally said. 'Look I'm sorry alright? He apologised and now I felt bad for his excessive apologies for just a small action.

'Hey com'n. You don't have to apologise. It's fine.' I convinced.

'No. I should. I was just being an idiot and I shouldn't've let you go like that.' He said and I imagined him running his hand through his hair.

I nibbled on my bottom lip. 'Did you not sleep just because you felt bad?' I queried half expecting to get the desired answer.

'Yeah. I didn't.' He replied and butterflies fluttered in my stomach. I smiled ,unaware of the fact that he can't see me but I felt really happy. I chewed the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from grinning.

He care.

'I really can't sleep Els. It's hard you know. First cause you're not here. I don't know why but it bothers me that you're not around here and second that I  acted like shit. I really can't get you outta my mind you know.'

Blush crept up to my cheeks. I shoved my face into the pillow to prevent myself from grinning like an idiot. My stomach kept on doing somersaults and twisting into knots. My breath caught up and I just can't believe he said these words so easily and it just affected so deeply.

I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out. I gulped down and cleared my throat. 'I-I think you should s-sleep.' I mentally face-placed for the stutter.

'Ok. You sure you're alright? ' he asked and I just can't help feeling for this guy.

'Yes.' Was my only reply.

' Ok then , He said ' 'night Jewel.' He hung up.

'Goodnight Black.' I whispered and threw my phone, pulled the covers up to my head, twisted myself into a ball and smiled like an idiot. My bygone sleep force due to anew out little conversation.

The next day , I stood up from bed. I didn't need alarm cause I didn't sleep whole night. I stretched as my face hurt due to constant grin whole night. I pulled off the covers and considered to shower.