Chapter,37

I stiffed with each letter that rolled out of his tongue. I bit the inside of my cheek and stared deadly towards the road.

'Jewel?' Leo pulled me out of my thoughts.

'Yes?' I asked innocently.

'I asked something.' Leo reminded me.

'What?'

'You heard me.' He stated icily.

'Right.' I said and remained silent. 'The weather's awesome right?' I tried my best to change the subject.

'Don't change the subject.' Leo warned. 'Tell me.'

'Oh look the lady's looking pretty.' I pointed at a street dog who was barking madly as every passer.

Leo sighed. 'That's a dog.'

'That's the point.'

'It's not. You're supposed to answer me.'

'Sometimes silence is the best answer.' I replied with the first thing that came into my mind.

Leo clenched his jaw. 'You're pissing me off.'

'Then don't ask it.'

'Tell.me.' He said in his deadly tone that made me flinch.

I fidgeted with the hem of my sleeves and then I remembered I didn't have any.

Silly me.

And I couldn't figure with the hem of my gown so I crossed my arms over my chest. 'Humph...' I hummed and looked out of the window.

I don't want to talk about it!

'Jewe—

'It went by Ok.' I cut him off and spoke. 'He requested the same thing again, tried to make me go against you and chose him over you but guess what? I dumped him and let him 'go' again cause I was that damn stupid to find a mid way.' I sniffed as I try to push my tears back. Not that I didn't wanted to cry but just couldn't risk the smearing of my eyeliner.

Really guys, I put so much effort on it.

Leo's free hand found its way on my crossed arms as he tugged them to unfold them. I did and he intertwined our hands and placed them on my thighs. 'It's OK.' He whispered.

'No it's not Leo. You guys are my family and I can't stand them parting away from me.' I told him with my broken voice.

'Hey, we all are right here. If Jake wanted to go then it was his choice not that you forced him.'

'But I did tell him to go. I hurt him by asking him to go away.' I said.

He squeezed my hand in a assuring manner. 'No you didn't.' He said. 'You didn't do anything wrong. Stop blaming your self.'

'Bu—

He cut me off. 'What did he told you about me anyways?' He tried to sound casual but I captured the hesitation that laced in his voice.

I tensed up again and felt my hands getting sweaty. I thought he'll just leave my hand but rather he tightened the hold and rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand and somehow it helped me calm.

'Can we drop this?' I asked him and looked at him but his eyes were fixed on the road.

'No actually I want to know.' He insisted.

'Fine.' I huffed. 'He said that you don't like me and that you were cheating on me with Chloe.' He squeezed my hand and his jaw clenched but I continued. 'He said that you chose to bully me cause you wanted to and that you're using me—Leo your hand.' I said as his hold turned unbearable.