Chapter,27

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow. Enjoy!

My heart pounded wildly against my chest that I didn't know if it will come out. They kept on banging the door, I found a little girl-crouched in a box and ropes wrapped around her body like webs.

I closed my eyes for a minute. Desperate for one word from Justin, just one and then everything would be back to normal. I squeezed my eyes as if that will force him to say what I want to. Despite all the noise, despite my tightened throat and my chest rising and falling at incredible rate, I waited. Patiently.

I turned around and saw Leo doing the same. He had his eyes closed and leaned against the door. His hand was on his bruise which I desperately wanted to clean and to make sure I don't hurt Leo more but I couldn't. Despite the darkness, I wanted his eyes to open, to give the assuring look but he kept them close.

His chest must've been hurting more than I could know but I kept my feet rooted to my spot. Then suddenly , as if my life depended on it, came Justin's voice. So assuring , so excited that I was ready to jump and hug him through the headset.

I know I can't do it .

'Done.' Justin said and a huge grin spread across my face. I waited for Leo to look at me and when he did, I didn't know either to look away or to gaze shit outta him. A smile spread across his face too. Too warming, too genuine that a laugh escaped my mouth.

The banging had stopped and all the chaos had somehow felt silent. It was all so silent that I could feel the blood rushing in my veins, my heartbeat in coming to it's regular rate and Leo's breathing. The rushing of feet ,perhaps running and screaming finally filled the silence but I remained where I was.

Either more army was here and surely they were ready to rip us apart or the twins must've done.

Probably what we planned.

I looked at Leo who inhaled a deep breath and fell on the floor to lie himself flat. I began laughing my head off. I didn't know what else to do.

We succeeded.

Still laughing , I moved towards Leo, kneeled beside him. 'We did it!' He exclaimed and smiled at me.

Damn . That smile again.

Silence fell again and sirens of police cars zoomed around the house. Even in his small store room, we could hear every single thing happen wing outside. I knew our plan worked and my gratitude towards twins increased.

'Yup Black, we surely did!' He closed his eyes again. His beautiful face features were enhanced further by the ray of light the peeked through the distance between the door and the floor. My hands itches to touch his face but in order to refrain them, I shoved them in my pockets.

'Listen we can't just stay here.' I said. 'We need to move on.' I told him and he opened his eyes at my comment.

'I know Jewel.' He said and smiled. 'It just a relief to lay here.' He stated and I observed him as if he's gone insane. Whatever the  sounds that we heard, did prove that our plan worked but I couldn't doubt the tactics of Hades.

He knows how to play.

'Get up!' I pulled his bicep but he didn't even move an inch.

This man is made of steal.

'Com'n we need to get outta here .' I exclaimed. He scrunched his nose and looked totally adorable. I smiled at his action and shook my head.

'Alright I'm up! Ok?' He said as he got up and threw his hands in surrender. Someone knocked at the door. Not a fierce one but in a manner of ripping ones ears. And then came the voice,