Chapter 5

^ Picture of Boston! I can already tell you he is one of my favorite characters ;)

And I don't know if you've guys have already seen this video, but it was my inspiration for this chapter :)

HUDSON

"Damn, this is something. I've never seen a pack gather like this," Matthew commented, sipping his beer. I gave him a blank look and took a small sip from my own beer.

I wasn't really in the mood to drink right now. My wolf was giving me another headache about our mate. I was tempted to shut him off, but that would probably make him angrier.

Boston nodded in agreement as he pretty much inhaled his bacon, "We need to have these parties at our pack too. It would be one hell of a time, especially since we have twice as many pack members."

My wolf rolled his eyes and continued pacing in my head. All he cared about was finding our mate in the mass of wolves, which was pretty much impossible. The Burlington Pack had about two hundred and fifty wolves, and it seemed like every single one was there.

The sun was slowly setting behind the hills as the wolves gathered around the bonfire to keep warm. There were several tables filled with all sorts of food and two large speakers to the side, blasting some pop song that had all the teen wolves bobbing their heads.

The trash people listen to these days. The 90's and the early 2000's had the best music in my opinion. 

"Where's your mate, Alpha?" 

I growled at Devin, and he immediately shut his mouth with a bite of pasta.  

Even after knowing Alexis was my mate, he kept drooling around her, which constantly irritated my wolf. Devin had no respect for relationships whatsoever. If he liked a girl, he would go after her until either someone taught him a lesson or the poor girl would give in. 

Hopefully, Alexis wouldn't succumb to his stupid seduction tactics or else he was going to have a serious conversation with my fist.

"Alpha Hudson."

I turned to Alpha Horris and nodded, "Alpha Horris."

He raised his eyebrows at the beer in my hand, "I hope you're enjoying the bonfire so far."

"It's definitely interesting," I muttered, eyeing some of the teen wolves that were dancing a little too inappropriately.

It was a good thing the 'no getting drunk' rule existed. I couldn't imagine what would happen if there were horny, drunk wolves everywhere. The whole bonfire would be R-rated. 

"Dad, please tell me Marla is still helping with the food," Neville rushed out as he left the pack house, trying to yank a white hoodie over his head.

"She is, I mind-linked her just a few minutes ago to ask her where she was." 

Neville sighed in relief, "Good. I think Jacques is going to eat us alive if she finds out what we're doing. We're a little behind schedule."

"Neville! Get your ass over here! I didn't finish!" 

He groaned and rubbed his face in exasperation as Alexis ran towards us. My wolf moved forward to check his mate out excitedly.

Horny little rascal. 

She had her hair up in a bun–that I believed was called a 'top-knot'– and was wearing the same white hoodie as Neville. Her long legs were covered by a pair of dark skinny jeans that I approved of.

I mean, my wolf approved of. I thought she looked okay. 

She waved a roll of black duct-tape at Neville, "You're not doing this for yourself. You're doing this for your best friend. So grow a pair and stop whining."