Chapter 17

ALEXIS

While Patsy continued rummaging through her things, I leaned closer to Hudson so she couldn't overhear us, "Is she always this....creepy?"

He pursed his lips and nodded, whispering, "Last time, she tried pulling my cheeks because she thought I was adorable."

I pursed my lips, but for an entirely different reason. I couldn't imagine this witch, who was half the size of Hudson, trying to pull his cheeks and cooing over him. 

"Ah yes, here it is!" She slammed a book on the coffee table in front of us, causing everyone but Hudson to flinch. 

"Sorry, I forgot. Werewolf hearing," she said sheepishly, "Now let's see. There is something about your blood in here."

She flipped through the pages quickly, letting dust particles fly into the air and tickle my nose. I covered my nose and ignored the urge to sneeze.

"Your blood is special, darling. It's a gift from the four Elders themselves," she started, sitting on the recliner in front of us. 

"When you say four Elders, you mean...." I trailed off.

"The Elders are what we witches call the gods and goddesses of the magical world. There are four of them, one for each of the species that exist on Earth, the first being the Moon Goddess, of course. Then, there is Lady Vasilia, Elder of the vampires, Lord Aidan, Elder of the dragons, and lastly, Lord Silvius, Elder of the griffins. Does that make sense?"

We nodded and she hummed in approval, "Good. Now, hundreds of years ago, before the great war even happened, the Moon Goddess called the Elders together to discuss how to give back to their species. The ones living during that time were very devotional and performed several ceremonies in their Elder's name so the Moon Goddess wanted to give back to them. And that was how the Moon Goddess's blessing came about."

She paused to show us a picture of the four Elders gathered around a cauldron, "The Moon Goddess wanted to create a new kind of blood, one that would benefit all species. Each Elder dropped a pint of blood into the cauldron to create this new blood

I nodded slowly, "So what can my blood do other than heal?"

 "Well, as you said just now, your blood can heal werewolves. It can also make a dragon's fire a thousand times stronger, meaning a dragon could burn a whole country to ashes within seconds if they drank a pint of your blood. For a vampire, a pint of your blood is able to quench their need for blood for years, making them almost unstoppable, but not immortal."

"And for a griffin?" Hudson asked, stiffening once more.

Her pale green eyes bore into mine as she spoke almost ominously, 

"Your blood makes griffins immortal."

I gaped at her in shock. Was that why these griffins were after me? They wanted to be immortal?

"Immortal," Hudson said slowly as if to make sure he was hearing things right.

"Yes, immortal, which is the reason why they are after you. You and the newborn baby are the only living beings with the blessing. After the great war, the griffins became endangered. My guess is that they want to be immortal to make sure that never happens again."

"Um, how much blood does it take for the whole griffins species to become immortal?" I asked worriedly.

The look on her face scared me. It was so nonchalant as if she could care less about me.

"They would have to drain you of every drop of blood in your body."

Hudson growled, and I squeezed his hand to calm him down.