Chapter 45 Part 2

TAE is #1 in Werewolf! THANK YOU SO MUCH, LOVES!

Now, I do have to address that the ending of this chapter may have some content that people may not be comfortable with. 

I want to remind all of you that you are perfect just the way you are, no matter how cliche that sounds. 

I believe that all of you can and will find someone who will love you, flaws and all.

Just remember, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. INSIDE AND OUT.

ALEXIS

I ran after Gracie as fast as I could while dodging pack members. When I was a few feet away, I called her name and she stopped in her tracks. She turned and waited for me to catch up.

"Hey Gracie, I don't think we've met. I'm Alexis," I panted slightly, reaching out to shake her hand. She took it hesitantly and gave me a small smile, "Luna."

I smiled and nodded at her bags, "You want some help with those?"

She shook her head, "It's alright. They're not that heavy."

We started walking again and I took note of our surroundings, "You live in Sector 1?"

"Yes."

"Near Boston?" I asked, trying to steer the conversation in that direction. Although, I really wasn't being subtle about it.

"Luna, look. I don't mean to pop your bubble, but not everyone has a happy dandy life like you," she snapped.

My eyes widened at her hostile tone and my wolf got up with a growl at the disrespect.

Calm down. Let her speak. Remember she is Boston's mate.

She doesn't deserve Gamma.

We don't know her side of the story. Don't jump to conclusions.

My wolf growled quieter this time and sat back down slowly.

Gracie wasn't finished though, "Not all of us have the privilege of being the adored daughter of an Alpha or  blessed by the Moon Goddess."

I ignored the rest of her statements and studied her body language.

She was anxious about something. Her fingers trembled as she played with the ends of her shirt.

The look of confidence on her face didn't match the rest of her body language at all.

It was like she was forcing herself to say these things.

But her eyes gave away everything. After all, eyes were the windows to the soul.

She was broken. Somehow. Sometime.

I guess she noticed me staring because she swallowed hard and walked away quickly.

"Luna, why were you talking to her?"

I turned around and saw one of the pack members glaring at Gracie's back.

I frowned, "Something wrong?"

"You don't know her, Luna. She's known as the pack slut."

My mouth fell open in shock, "Excuse me?"