Chapter 31

ALEXIS

I couldn't believe it. 

What was with everyone finding their mates these days? First Matthew, then Lucy, next thing I knew Boston would find his mate as well.

Lucy slowly walked towards Alpha Breydon, almost in a trance, and stopped right in front of him as if waiting for him to say something. He seemed to be just as stunned as the rest of us.

"I–you–how–you're my mate?" He stuttered incredulously.

Hudson groaned and rubbed his face, "Why now? Why not anyone else?"

I rolled my eyes at his dramatics, "It's not as if they could choose. Besides, this is probably the Moon Goddess's way of telling us that Alpha Breyon is supposed to be here."

"Little Lucy, you're my mate!" 

It was clear that Alpha Breydon was still getting over his shock. Lucy didn't seem to know what to think, her face was showing a variety of emotions: adoration, excitement, confusion, etc.

"I hope that zipper of yours had stayed up this past year, Breydon," she said, before clapping her hand to her mouth. I bit my lip to keep from laughing as she clearly had not meant to say that.

Alpha Breydon's stunned face morphed into a smirking one, "I guess my zipper really was supposed to fall for you. I'll have you know that it has been waiting for this moment."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into his chest. 

Lucy groaned and banged her head against his chest several times, "What was the Moon Goddess thinking?"

"She was clearly thinking that you fell for my pickup lines and decided to grant your wish," Alpha Breydon said, running a hand through his hair, "I know it's hard to resist me–"

"Or," Lucy interrupted, "She decided to take pity on all the single she-wolves and pair you with the first unmated she-wolf she saw."

Alpha Breydon gasped dramatically and pressed a hand to his heart, "Babe, that hurts. I know I don't deserve you, but don't tear my heart to pieces."

I listened to the two banter amusedly before taking a moment to really look at them. Even though Lucy seemed annoyed with Alpha Breydon, there was no denying that she seemed to like him. And the same went with Alpha Breydon; he didn't seem aware of the fact that he was pulling Lucy closer to him and staring at her with an enamored look on his face.

I walked over to Hudson and whispered, "Don't they look cute together?"

From the look on Hudson's face, it was clear that he didn't agree.

"That's my sister," he snapped at Alpha Breydon, "So keep your hands to yourself. Am I clear?"

 Alpha Breydon smiled innocently, "Who me?"

Hudson pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head, "Sometimes I wonder how you became an Alpha."

"Well, you see, a long time ago. The Alpha and Luna of the Granger Pack decided to get into bed and –"

"Breydon!"

The rest of us choked back laughter as the two Alpha stared each other down.

"Guess what, Hudson?" Alpha Breydon grinned, his eyes twinkling with mischievousness.

"What?" Hudson hissed.

"We're brother-in-laws!"

Hudson groaned, "Just what I needed."