Chapter 25

ALEXIS

"I still–need to–do something," Hudson whispered between kisses. I pulled away a little so I could see his face properly, "What is it?"

He pressed another chaste kiss to my lips and give me a small smile, before letting go of me completely. I cocked my head and gave him a questioning look.

"My family sort of has this obsession with dog tags and I don't know if you've noticed but we all have one with our names engraved on them," he said. 

I paused briefly to think back to all the times I saw him shirtless. I had noticed that he had a chain around his neck, but I didn't give it much thought at the time. 

"I've noticed. What about the dog tags?" I asked curiously, wondering why he was bringing it up.

He cleared his throat, "This is going to be really cheesy and you might hate it but I still wanted to see if you–"

"Hudson," I interrupted gently, "Whatever it is, I'm sure I'm not going to hate it."

"Right," he licked his lips nervously, "so the male wolves in my family have this tradition for when they accept their mate. They give a personalized dog tag to them and add another one to their own chain. I don't think you've noticed this yet, but.." he trailed off slowly to pull his chain out. 

A smile grew on my face as I stared at the new dog tag that was hanging from his neck. I reached forward and held it up so I could see what was written on it. The words 'Her one' were chiseled at the top of the tag with a little heart centered beneath the statement, and under the heart, were our initials.

HB + AC

"Aw, this is sweet," I said softly,  "But why is there this hole here?"

I ran my finger around the hole that was shaped like a puzzle piece. Hudson chuckled and reached into his pocket to pull out a small flat box, "I thought that instead of giving you a huge dog tag to wear. I could give you this."

He opened the box up and my eyes widened at the silver chain that had a puzzle piece hanging from it. The words 'His only' were written down the middle and a little heart was on one of the corners. 

"I asked my dad to cut a piece out from my dog tag so the two go together. The initials are on the back along with the date we met."

I flipped the little piece around and nearly burst into tears again.

HB + AC  10.27.17

"Hudson, this is beautiful," I whispered, tracing the little indents. He kissed the top of my head and turned me around, "It will look even more beautiful when it's around your neck." 

I shivered slightly when I felt his fingers graze the nape of my neck as he moved my hair to the side. He quickly put the chain around my neck and hooked the ends together before pressing a kiss to the back of my neck, "Perfect."

He continued to kiss the side of my neck until he reached the back of my ear. 

"You're officially a member of the Bennett family. " He whispered, kissing the back of my ear.

My heart warmed at the thought, and my wolf was wagging her tail happily.

Let's mate with mate now.

What? We literally just accepted each other. 

So? Just seduce him.

Yeah no.

"Is your wolf being funny as well?" Hudson asked. I turned back around and chuckled at the look on his face as he seemed to be arguing with his wolf.