Chapter 48 Part 2

TAE REACHED 3 MILLION READS! THANK YOU SO MUCH, LOVES! <3

ALEXIS

I couldn't sleep at all last night. The excitement was too much to just sit down and relax. My mom was ecstatic and couldn't stop smiling randomly at the thought of her future grandchild. 

I ended up blurting it to my dad and Neville by accident during dinner when they kept giving us weird looks, probably because my mom and I were basically glowing with joy.

FLASHBACK

"Princess, are you not hungry?" My dad asked, noticing my half-eaten plate.

"If you're not hungry, I'll take your fries," Neville grinned, reaching for my plate. I slapped his hand away and glared at him.

Unfortunately, he gave me the puppy eyes so I had to hand him a couple of fries. 

It was silent at the table as my dad read through some paperwork and handed the paper to Neville to read once he was done.

After watching them do that for five minutes, I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, "So...I'm pregnant."

Neville just stared at me like I had spoken in another language and my dad didn't even process the statement.

"That's nice, Princess," he said between chews, not looking up once.

Neville just blinked a few times, "I'm going to be an uncle?"

My dad paused and looked up, "Who's going to be an uncle?"

"Me," Neville said, mostly to himself, and poked his chest, "I'm going to be an uncle."

The two of them just stared at each other as if they were communicating silently. I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing while my mom took a large bite to muffle her chuckles. 

My dad and Neville slowly turned to me, their eyes wide. 

"You–baby–pregnant?" My dad stuttered out in incomplete phrases.

I nodded my head, feeling myself get excited all over again. I had a feeling I would be like this for a while. 

My dad whooped and leaped out of his chair, rushing over to me and picking me up, "I can't believe it! A grandpup! Malia, did you hear that? We're going to be grandparents!"

I looked over at my mom and saw her shake her head amusedly. 

It was going to take a while for them to calm down. That was for sure.

END OF FLASHBACK

After dinner, Neville kept staring at my stomach as if he expected it to grow any second. I finally had to tell him that baby was probably smaller than a peanut and that he would have to wait a while to see anything. My dad, needless to say, was so happy and couldn't stop talking about what he would do with his grandpup. 

If my family was this excited, I couldn't imagine how excited Hudson would be and that made me excited in turn.

I was waiting for Devin to pick me up, but instead of taking me straight home, I wanted him to take a little detour into town so I could buy some things. Sasha had given me this idea of what I should do, but I added my own little twist to it. 

I internally smirked.

 If everything went according to the plan, Hudson would be having the shock of his life and he wouldn't even be hearing it from my mouth.