Chapter 47 Part 1

For those of you wondering, I keep breaking up the chapters because it's so much easier to write lmao.

HUDSON

"Hudson, wake up," a sweet voice called, shaking my shoulder gently.

I groaned and pulled Alexis down on top of me, "Give me ten minutes. I'm exhausted."

"You got nine hours of sleep. That is enough for any human being."

"Says the woman who passed out for fourteen hours."

"That was because I had just finished my heat."

My eyes opened up halfway as I stared down at her with a teasing smile on my face, "Now you won't need to worry about your heat."

She blushed and buried her face in my chest, "Thank you, Captain Obvious."

My heart skid helplessly around my chest at the feel of her soft body in my arms. I let my hands trail down her form only to realize that she was still in a towel, "Did you just shower?"

Her head popped up and she glared at me with a narrowed eyes, "Haven't you heard? It's the latest fashion to walk around in your towel."

I pinched her nose, "Just asking, no need to get sarcastic, my little firecracker."

She blushed again, and I had to hold back my laughter as she rubbed her cheeks, "Don't stop blushing on my account. I think it's adorable."

Ever since we had mated, she kept blushing like a shy little girl, even though we both know she is far from it. I knew she was like this because she had never felt so closely intimate with someone and so exposed – after all, I knew every curve, stretch mark, and birthmark on her body now.

She was usually a confident woman so I was sure that this was just a phase, but that didn't mean I would stop telling her how beautiful she was.

My hand trailed down to her ass, "I wonder if your blush goes all the way down."

Before I could tug her towel off, she sat up and ran her fingers through my bed hair, "As much as I would love to watch you try to seduce me, I have to go shopping, Hudson. The Alpha Ball is tonight, and I don't have a dress. I went through the boxes my parents had dropped off, and I couldn't find something that was formal enough."

I tugged her back down and buried my nose in her hair, "Well, you know where my credit card is. Try not to buy a dress that will make me go nuts."

"That actually sounds tempting."

I groaned, "You're going to do exactly that, aren't you?"

My poor wolf was already suffering from the post-mating emotions. From what I knew and was experiencing, male-wolves felt extra possessive and were extra clingy to their mates after mating. They didn't like any other male touching their mates, regardless of relation. No logic or reasoning would ever cross their minds when they were this animalistic.

Just yesterday, Matthew held Alexis's hand during the part of the funeral where we had to join hands and my wolf did not like that at all. He kept growling and grumbling until their hands were back at their sides. I had a hard time conducting the funeral with him acting so inconsiderate.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure it's not scandalous," Alexis said, kissing my forehead and standing up.

I sighed and rested my head on my hand as I watched her get dressed. Once she was done, she pecked my lips and ran out to join Lucy, who was yelling for her from downstairs.

***

The sun was starting to set and I still hadn't seen Alexis since she got back. I was locked up in my office with paperwork and she was getting ready. Apparently, I wasn't allowed to see her until she was done and my wolf was ready to s hit himself.