Chapter 8

^Pic of Matthew ;)

HUDSON

I was so screwed.

My wolf was begging to be let out and I was struggling to keep him inside. 

Calm down right now!

Go to mate! Mark mate! Mate is ours!

My breathing became harsh as my wolf got stronger with every moment that passed. The scent of her was making his urge to be let out stronger.

My fingers gripped the edge of the desk tightly causing my knuckles to turn white. A loud roar escaped me as my wolf started to emerge.

Shit. 

Stay down! You are not allowed to come out. 

Mate! Go to mate now!

He didn't care about anyone or anything except for Alexis right now, which was somewhat good and somewhat bad. The bad news was that he was willing to injure or kill anyone who got in the way of him. The good news was that I could convince him to calm down using Alexis as bait.

You will scare her. She won't want you.

He quieted down immediately to think over what I said, but he didn't back down. 

Mate want us no more? 

It took me a second to figure out what he meant considering his grammar got worse as he became more primitive. 

She won't want you if you're like this.

I mentally prayed to the Moon Goddess he would back down slightly. If he didn't, there was no way I could leave this room without hurting someone. There was only so much I could do to control him. 

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and that made my wolf start up his ruckus again. I felt my claws and fangs emerge as my body started to surrender to my wolf. 

"Hudson! Open the door!" Boston yelled.

My claws dug into the wood of the desk, leaving deep scratches. I fell to my knees, letting out small growls through my panting. My wolf completely blocked me out of his mind as he continued his attempts to take over completely. 

There was a loud thud from the other side of the door, and another before the door came off its hinges and landed on the ground with a bang. 

"Fuck, Hudson. You can't stay here," Boston snapped, trying to come closer to me but I let out a loud roar and flashed him my fangs. He froze in his tracks and stared at me worriedly. A minute later, Matthew rushed into the room and took in the scene in front of him. 

"He's losing control, Boston. We have to get him out of the house," he said, coming closer to me with his hands up to show he meant no harm. My wolf watched him closely, ready to snap at him if he even stepped in the wrong spot. He stretched his hand out, and my eyes darted down to see a small jacket in his hands.

"It's Alexis's. Her natural scent should calm you down," he explained gently, trying to get me to take the jacket.

"How about we just smother him with it?" 

My head snapped to Boston, and I let out a warning growl which made him step back nervously.

"Ignore him, Hudson. Take the jacket. It's your mates," Matthew coaxed, watching my reaction carefully.

I took the jacket with one claw and held it up to my nose slowly. The distinct scent of Alexis filled my senses, making my tense form relax slightly.