Chapter 39 Part 1

My heart goes out to everyone affected by the Florida shooting. You're all in my prayers.

^Another pic of Sasha because she slays <3

ALEXIS (little after Lacey finds out about the new griffin plan)

For some odd reason, I could always think better in the shower. It was like the warm water helped my brain form new ideas, or in this case, solutions.

I was enjoying the peace until there was a pounding on the door.

"Alexis! Alexis!"

I stopped mid-lather and stared at the door, "What is it, Hudson?"

Instead of replying, he banged on the door again until it broke off its hinges and landed on the tile. I flinched as the noise echoed through the bathroom and narrowed my eyes at him, "Really? You couldn't just wait till I opened it?"

It was clear that he wasn't paying attention to a word I was saying because he casually stepped over the broken door and opened the shower door.

"What the hell? Hudson! You're going to get water all over the floor!" I shrieked as he reached over and pulled me out. He handed me a towel and helped me dry myself off.

"What's going on?" I asked again in vexation.

"Laceycalledagain. Thegriffinsareattackingtomorrowmorning," he rushed out in barely intelligible words, but I managed to get the gist of what he was saying.

My heart fell to my stomach and a sudden bout of nausea washed over me.

Tomorrow. 

We had less than twenty-four hours to get everyone who needed to be evacuated out of the pack. That was at least two-hundred wolves.

We were done for.

My wolf pushed through the mind-block and growled at my pessimism. 

Get your head together. You're Luna. The pack depends on you.

I exhaled loudly and started yanking my clothes on, "What have you done so far?"

He rubbed his forehead, "It was a good thing we send out the E.A.C. At least ten Alphas and their pack warriors will be here very soon."

I nodded and thanked the Moon Goddess that we hadn't sent it out a day too late. There would have been no way the other packs would have arrived in time. 

An E.A.C, otherwise known as an Emergency Alliance Call, was where all packs were asked to forget all rivalries and band together to help a pack in need. And since Hudson's pack was the biggest, there was no doubt that several alphas would step up to help.

Not to mention that if the griffins did become immortal, their first goal would be to take out every other species. 

"Come on, we need to start getting everyone to evacuate. Your dad and his pack warriors will be here any minute to help. Breydon asked his Beta to bring in more warriors, and Boston is sending out spies and trackers to keep an eye on all the trails and the skies, in case the griffins decide to fly in."