Chapter 42

What can I say? I'm on a roll. Lmao, not to mention that people were questioning whether I really love you guys *shakes head* 

I think I need to emphasize the fact that all my stories will have happy endings. It's the journey to the happy ending that's a roller coaster. Basically, all the characters will be happy whether they're all dead or all alive. (Lol, I'm going to get threats again, aren't I?)

HUDSON

I felt empty. Void. 

It was like someone ripped my heart out and broke it into little pieces that no one could ever put back together. 

I glared at the two fish swimming in the lake. Even these fish had someone to be with!

And who did I have? No one. The only person who could ever stand beside me for the rest of my life was gone.

My wolf whimpered again and curled up into a little ball. He had been laying on his side ever since we got the news Alexis was missing. 

We were both broken.

It had been two days now and there was no sign of her. It was like she disappeared from the surface of the earth.

I stared at the crumpled hoodie in my hands and sniffed it again, trying to calm myself down with the scent of her. Her scent was the only thing keeping me sane right now and that was absolutely vital at this time.

The threat wasn't gone. The griffins were still there and they could attack at any time. 

I knew that if Alexis was here, she would want me to protect the pack at all costs, whether she was there or not. 

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back on the tree I was sitting against.  

I could still see her when I closed my eyes. Her image haunted me. 

Her beautiful brown eyes that twinkled with mischief when she decided to roast me. Her cute button nose that twitched when she didn't like something or when she was trying to lie. Her gorgeous hair that had me aching with the desire to run my fingers through it when it shone in the sunlight. Her pretty mouth that would open up with some of the sweetest and funniest things I had ever heard in my life. 

God, did I miss her.

"Hudson,"

My eyes opened slowly to find my dad staring down at me with a sad look on his face. I gave him a weak smile, "Sup, old man? You still put up a great fight. I saw you tear through at least four griffins."

He chuckled and sat down on the grass in front of me, facing the lake. 

"I wanted to check on you, considering the only places you've been are your house and your office."

I sighed, "Well, I have to keep everything going. I'm not the only one feeling the loss. The pack lost their Luna as well."

He stayed silent for a few seconds before changing the topic. 

"You know, when your ma and I met, we absolutely hated each other."

"You hated your own mate?"

"I didn't know she was my mate at the time. We've known each other since we were pups. I went to school with your ma. I sat right behind her and tugged on her braids until she would snap at me."

I chuckled quietly, "I guess that characteristic runs in the family."

"She was such a goody two shoes and I hated that. I wanted to see her lose control. Little did I know, she was such a little spitfire underneath that good girl facade. She still insults me to this day like she did back then."