1

Iris's P. O. V

"Hey, babe," he said opening the door. I was sitting on the side of the bed, but I immediately stood up when he walked in.

He walked over to me and took my hands in his. I couldn't look at him. He'd immediately know something was wrong. I tried to look away, but he gently lifted my chin up.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked. I couldn't answer. He pulled my face close to his, but I pulled back. There was no way that I could kiss him with what I was about to do, even though I wanted to so badly.

"Iris, what's wrong?" He looked right into my eyes. I had to look away before I gave into them.

"I can't do this anymore, Zach," I said quietly.

"W-what do you mean?" He asked with worry all over his face.

"I can't do it! I can't just stay here with you and act like nothing's wrong."

"What? What's wrong, Iris?" He asked growing impatient.

"I can't say."

"Iris, just tell me what's going on!" He begged.

"We need to break up," I whispered. Those five words shattered my own heart.

"But, I-Iris, I love you," he said. It took all of my strength to not say it back.

I just shook my head before taking the suitcase I had packed while he was gone and walking out of the room.

"Iris, wait!" He yelled grabbing at my wrist.

"Zach I have to do this. Just let me go." I didn't even turn to look at him. I couldn't face him. He was crying and I knew if I looked at him, I'd take it all back. But I can't, I have to do this. It's for his sake.

"I don't want to. Iris I need you. Please stay. We can work this out, just give us another chance!"

I took my hand from his grip and kept walking out.

"Why are you doing this?!" He asked running to the stairs that I had already descended.

"It's for your own good, Zach. Trust me. We'll both be happier this way," I told him. I was lying. I didn't mean any of it, but I had to hurt him enough to where he wouldn't fight back.

I wiped the tears away and walked out of the house that had been my home for so long.

I sat up in bed, dropping my head in my hands as my shoulders went up and down from my sobbing. It's been a month, and I'm still having nightmares of that night.

"Iris, you okay swee- oh honey, it's okay," my mom rushed to my side.

"Mom, I don't think I can do this," I shook my head while choking on my tears.

"Iris, this is your choice. Whatever you think is right."

"But I don't want to ruin his life with this big of a burden."

"A baby isn't a burden."

"It is when the millions of people who love you turn against you because of it."

"He may think differently."

"If he thought differently, then why has he already moved on?" I asked.

3rd Person P. O. V.

Just to recap on the last month, Iris broke up with Zach because she was pregnant and she didn't want to ruin his career, but he didn't know that. Jack and her family are the only ones who know about the baby.