26

Iris's P. O. V.

I was released from the hospital without any trouble. We all went home and tried to go on with our day.

Zach and I were on his bed facing each other with our legs crossed, talking quietly, while Wes took his nap.

"Iris, the guys and I have to go to New York for two days."

"Are you doing another tv show appearance?"

"Yes, and I know you don't want Wes to fly yet. But I don't want to leave you here alone with what just happened."

"I'll stay with my mom and dad, Zach. I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

"Are you sure? Because if he's out, he's probably gonna try to mess with us again."

"What if he just wants to apologize?"

"Would you actually forgive him for what he did?" He asked, raising his voice.

"Sshhh," I warned. "If he was mentally unhealthy, he probably didn't know what he was doing. I know that doesn't make up for it, but he deserves a second chance. We gave each other another chance. Why can't we do the same for him?"

"That's different, Iris. He almost killed us."

"I known, but if he gets help then maybe he'll go back to the old Jesse."

"The one you were in love with?" He asked softly, looking down at the bed.

"That's not what I meant Zach." I shook my head and grabbed his hands, rubbing my thumbs in circles.

"But what if he does. If he gets better and apologizes, will you want him to be in our lives?"

"Of course not!" I whisper shouted. "Apologizing won't only help me feel better, but it'll help him. If he's stuck with this guilt on his shoulders, he'll never get better."

"Why do you care about him so much?"

"Because he was the only one who cared about me before you or Jack. He may have made many many mistakes, but everyone does. It doesn't change who they are on the inside." Zach stayed quiet. I brought his hands to my lips and kissed his knuckles.

"I don't want him coming to see you when I'm not here."

"When he gets back, we'll meet him somewhere and he can apologize to both of us."

"Okay." He nodded. It got quiet, except for Wes's soft little snores.

"When do you leave?"

"Tonight. Our flight is at nine, I think."

"Okay. When Wes wakes up, I'll take him to my moms and then stay with you until you leave."

"Okay, sounds good."

I put one hand on his knee and pushed myself up to kiss him. Eventually, I was sitting in his lap with my hands on his cheeks. He held my waist tightly against him. I pulled away before we fell back against the bed.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you, too. I'm sorry I'm so harsh about everything, I just don't want to see you hurt again."

"I know, babe."

                            ***

"I'll see you on Monday." Zach kissed my lips before walking away with his band mates.

I talked to some fans and took some pictures before I actually left. Both of our fan bases seemed to have grown, but the fans were so chill we didn't need security or anything like that. They were all so sweet and gentle.

Some fans even walked me back to my car to make sure I got there okay, since it was dark. I thanked them and gave them all hugs before getting into by car and driving back to my mom's house.

Kayla's P. O. V.

"I'm on my way." I ended the call with Amelia and ran to my room to pack a bag.

She had just told me everything that had happened with Iris and Jesse. She said that Zach would be gone for a couple days, and Iris needed me right now. Of course, I hurried to get a bag and start the five hour drive to Iris.

On the way there I called her and let her know I was coming. She seemed relieved from the news. I sped faster down the highways.

When I finally arrived at Iris's house, she ran outside before I could get to the door. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and held me in a hug for a long time.

"Let's go inside," I said looking around. I didn't know what to expect. He could be anywhere.

"Wes is asleep so be quiet."

"Okay," I whispered. I set my bag down by the couch then sat down.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Confused, I guess. I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?"

"What if he tries to talk to me again?"

"Do you want him to?"

"I don't know. The police told my mom that he was trying to get better, and something he had to do was apologize."

"I think you should let him apologize, it'll help both of you get over what happened, but don't talk to him by yourself."

"Yeah. I just hope he doesn't figure out where I live now."

"That could end badly."

"I know."

                              *****