14

Kayla's P. O. V.

The curtain closed as we all stayed in our positions, hearing the crowd roar. We all ran off the stage and waited for the curtain to open again for us to bow and earn more applause.

We ran out in pairs until we had all gone out. Then the whole cast ran out and bowed. People were hooting and hollering while applauding us. The whole auditorium was on their feet, and it made me so happy.

"You did great, Kayla!" My co-star, Mandy, smiled giving me a hug.

"Me? Oh please, you were amazing." I hugged her back. She had played the Wicked Witch and did an absolutely amazing performance.

Before we could take off our costumes and makeup, we had to go into the auditorium and take pictures with the guests. Eventually, we got to go backstage and remove our costumes.

Someone knocked on my dressing room door just as I had thrown my t-shirt over my head. I went to the door and opened it, seeing my director, Grant, standing there with a big smile.

"Good job!" He exclaimed.

"Thank you."

"There's someone who wants to talk to you," he raised his eyebrows.

"Like..?" I asked him. He knew who I was thinking about without even saying anything.

"Yeah. Let's go." I followed him out into the lobby area where a man and a woman were standing.

I took a deep breathe and walked over to them with confidence. Being an actress, it was easy to fake my confidence. I easily hid the intimidation and anxiety that filled my whole body.

"Ms. Peterson?" The woman asked.

"Yes ma'am?"

"I'm Alessandra Smith, and this is Warren Brown. We are both from the Academy of Art in San Francisco, California. We both think you put on a wonderful performance this evening."

"Thank you."

"We have done our research, and although you are still in high school, we'd like to invite you to study with us this fall," Mr. Brown explained.

"Like start as a freshman this fall?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am. Are you interested?"

"Yes, of course. Thank you so much."

"Our pleasure. Are your parents here to discuss details?"

"I'll go get them," Grant said before running off.

"You really were excellent. The most talented actress I've seen at such a young age," Ms. Smith complimented.

"Thank you. I've been acting since I was young. My parents have always supported me and got me the training I've needed."

"Here they are!" Grant exclaimed swiftly walking towards us with my parents. He was very excited for me.

"Good evening. I'm Alessandra Smith, head director of the theater department of the Academy of Art in San Francisco," she said extending her hand.

"And I'm Warren Brown, assistant director," he said. They all shook hands before talking about the offer.

"We would like for Kayla to move to San Francisco and join our theater department at the Academy."

"But she's a junior in high school. Do you mean once she graduates?"

"I have never seen so much talent in one student at such a young age. I think it would be a waste for Kayla to wait another year and a half to start her career," Ms. Smith explained.

"There are two approaches we could take. Kayla could go to summer school and get all of her senior credits then. She would come to the Academy as a freshman and begin her college classes," Mr. Brown said. "Or, Kayla could enroll in online school for the remainder of this year and her senior year. She could join just the theater class and enrich her knowledge of the art, and still be working on her high school diploma."

"It's completely up to you," Ms. Smith added.

"Can we have a moment to discuss?" My mom asked.

"Of course." My mom pulled me back a bit so we could talk privately.

"What do you want to do?" She asked.

"Wait, you're letting me decide?"

"This is your future, honey. Whatever you want."

"Honestly, I'd rather do online school. I could move to San Francisco, a place I've always wanted to go, and visit Daniel on the weekends."

"Are you sure you wanna do online school? It just means it'll take longer for you to actually be in college."

"It'd mean that I'd be a freshman when I'm supposed to. And who knows, maybe I'll finish my online classes early or something."

"Are you sure you want to do this? You might not be able to get out of it."

"I'm sure mom. Completely sure," I said feeling the excitement rise within me.

"Okay. I'm so proud of you sweetie." She came in for a hug.

"Okay, now let's go make this official," I said walking back to the directors.

"Kayla would like to move to San Francisco and enroll in online classes," my mom explained.

"Wonderful. She can finish off her junior year online in San Francisco, have the summer to get settled in, then start joining our theater classes this fall."

"Sounds good to me."

"We'll gather your information from the school and send you anything we feel you'll need to know."

"Thank you so so much." I smiled widely.

"Our pleasure. Thank you for having us Mr. Green," Mr. Brown nodded to Grant. Everyone shook hands again before we were able to leave.

"Are you gonna tell Daniel?" My mom asked when we got out to her car.

"I think I'll surprise him."

                           *****

A/n

Sorry this was a bit short. The next chapter will probably be short, too. But after that I'll write long chapters to make up for them.

I hope you liked it! Vote and comment!