Bonus Chapter 2

*9 years later*

Wes's P. O. V.

The first day back to school after Christmas break was always the hardest. The start of a new semester and not another break from school until spring.

I slowly got up out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I turned the shower on and stepped under the hot water that made me want to fall right back asleep.

I continued to get ready, throwing on some jeans, a long sleeve shirt, and my vans. I sprayed myself with some cologne and put on my glasses before grabbing my hair gel. It was probably the most time consuming part of my morning. My dad taught me  how to fix my hair. It takes a while, but it always looks perfect.

"Wes, breakfast is ready!" My mom shouted from the kitchen.

I went and grabbed a plate of the pancakes that she had made, slipping a tiny bit of bacon to Rose. She was super old, but we loved her. Desiree was sitting at the table eating as my mom started to braid her hair.

"You ready to go back to school?"

"I'm only looking forward to soccer season," I said truthfully.

"As long as you keep your grades up," my dad said walking in. He walked by my mom, putting his hands on her pregnant belly and kissing her lips.

"How's the baby today?"

"She might join you on the field, Wes. She's quite the kicker." Mom laughed. She was six months pregnant, and they already knew it was a girl.

After finishing my breakfast I washed my plate and went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I grabbed my backpack and took one last look in the mirror.

"Wes, let's go you don't wanna be late!" Mom yelled. I walked outside to the car and got into the passenger seat.

When I got to school, I headed straight for the gym. The soccer coaches always let me chill in their office before school actually started.

"Herron, how was your break?" Coach Smith asked, patting my back.

"Good, we flew to Texas to visit my dad's family. How about you?"

"It was great, I got snowed in in the mountains."

"Sounds a lot cooler than here," I joked.

"Definitely."

The bell rang and as I walked to class I ran into my two friends, Xavier and Randy. We did our bro handshake then walked to our lockers, but Randy's girlfriend, Jeanette, pulled him away.

I walked into my first period, Algebra 2, and sat in my seat. I noticed a new girl walk in while talking to a soccer friend. She was gorgeous, I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

The bell brought me back into reality. The teacher started class, but most of it I spent looking at the new girl.

When class finally ended, I tried to walk over to her, but a groups of guys stopped to talk to me. I brought them over to her desk while still talking to them. I looked over at the girl and our eyes met. She dropped something from her bag and her cheeks went red. It was a pad. I knew the guys would say something so I quickly picked it up and hid it from them. The group walked past us and it was just us two then.

"Here," I said handing it back to her.

"Thanks," she said quietly.

"It's the least I can do. You girls have it bad, I hope you feel better," I said.

"I'm Emersyn." She smiled sticking her empty hand out. I shook her hand, not letting go for a second.

"I'm Wesley, but you can call me Wes."