Bonus Chapter 4

*read the authors note at the end please*

Wes's P. O. V.

"Mom, you gonna be okay?" I asked stepping into her room.

"Yeah I'm fine, Noah's taking a nap and Desi is at Jack's with Isla. Go, have fun." She smiled at me.

"We'll be back in a few hours."

"Be safe!" She called as I closed the door. I walked back out into the living room where Emersyn was waiting.

"You ready to go?" I asked. She nodded and walked over to me. I took her hand and led her outside.

"Where are we going?" She asked as we walked down the sidewalk.

"You're in a swimsuit where do you think we're going?" I asked chuckling. She playfully slapped my chest. I took her hand and kissed the back of it.

We continued walking until we arrived at the beach. It wasn't that far from the house so it didn't take long. We put down our towels and stuff before running into the water.

We splashed each other and just messed around, having a great time. After a while, we both got out. We saw an ice cream truck pass by so I bought her a cone. We went and sat back down on the towels while eating our ice cream.

She was laughing and smiling watching two dogs play with each other at the edge of the water. I just stared at her and smiled.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"Nothing," I said shaking my head. But it wasn't nothing. I didn't understand how she didn't realize that I was staring because her eyes were my favorite color and her smile was my favorite smile. I was trying to keep my cool, but I couldn't because she gives me this feeling that I couldn't explain yet.

After we finished our ice cream we relaxed on the towels and just talked. We never ran out of things to say.

It started getting dark and I knew she had to get home soon. We packed up all of our stuff and started walking to her house. When we got there I started walking to her door, but she pulled me back.

"Follow me," she said.

I was confused at first, but I followed her into her backyard. She walked up to a tree and started climbing it. There wasn't a tree house or anything, but the branches grew outwards and there was a perfect spot for people to sit in.

"Wow, this is so cool," I said climbing up with her.

"I always come up here when my family is getting on my nerves. My parents constant yelling or my siblings fighting and crying."

"I'm really sorry you have to go through that."

"It's not your fault. Plus, it's been this way my whole life. I just wish that one of them would snap and they'd get a divorce. It's terrible for my siblings to grow up the way that I did, scared of talking to them because they're worried they'll get hurt." She looked down at her lap.

I scooted to a closer branch and put my finger under chin. I lifted her face up and her teary eyes met mine. I wiped the tears from her face then kissed her. She kissed back, her hands sliding from my shoulders to the ends of my hair.

"I know that your life isn't the greatest. You don't have many people that love and support you. But I do. Emersyn, will you let me love and support you by being my girlfriend?" I asked. A smile spread across her face and she nodded her head. I smiled widely before kissing her again.

"Emersyn is that you!?" Someone yelled from the backdoor.

"Yeah ma, I'm coming!" She yelled back.