21

Iris's P. O. V.

"Where's Jack?" I asked walking into the house with Wes on my hip and our bags over my shoulder.

"He's on his way home from that fashion show. Why, what's up?" Zach asked coming to take Wes from me.

"I just wanted to talk to him about something I saw."

"That video of him and Nicole?" He asked laughing a little, hearing the same sound come from Wes. I cooed rubbing my thumb across his chin.

"Yeah,m." I sighed.

"Maybe it was fake. It probably didn't mean anything."

"I don't think so. That's why I need to talk to him."

"Talk to who?" Jack's voice came from behind us in the front doorway.

"You. Let's go," I said giving Zach Wes's bag.

"Zach wanna play?" I overheard Jonah ask, holding an extra controller in his hand.

"No, I have to put Wes down," he said.

I took Jack to his room and closed the door.

"What's up Iris?" He asked sitting on his bed.

"You know what's up. I thought this Nicole thing was fake."

"It was. It is." He shook his head, correcting himself.

"I'm not so sure about that. That wasn't just some fake kiss. That was real, and you felt it."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Jack, it's not bad if you have feelings for her. You both can work this out, fix all your problems or whatever."

"I don't know, Iris. I did have feelings for her. That's why I did this. But then she was acting like this person I had never met before. I wanted nothing to do with her. But then recently she started acting like herself again. The girl I had fallen in love with when I met her. And then I saw her, she was struggling and I wanted to save her, so I did. And I kissed her. And you're right, I did feel it and it was real."

"So tell her that."

"She'll never feel that way about me." He shook his head.

"Why wouldn't she? She has before, and feelings like those don't just go away."

"It doesn't matter, we're ending everything next week."

"So you still have a week! Go out there and get your girl," I exclaimed squeezing his shoulders.

"You're crazy, you know that?"

"Yeah, but everyone needs a little crazy in their lives. Speaking of crazy, I have to go put Wes in bed." I stood up and started towards the door.

"Hey Iris?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." I smiled closing his door behind me.

I walked across the hall to Zach's room, and almost cried when I saw Zach reading to Wes. He held him in his lap with the book in front of him. They both had huge smiles on their faces, Wes with his hand in his mouth.

I took like three pictures and two videos before walking into the room.

"This is the cutest thing I've ever seen," I cooed, sitting next to them.

"Reading books is good for the babies."

"Are you actually doing research?" I gasped.

"I just want him to have the best upbringing, even thought it's two teenagers raising him."

"You're so sweet."

"So what did Jack say?"

"I think he's gonna ask Nicole out."

"Like a real date?"

"Yeah, not this fake thing."

"Is that the right thing to do?"

"Zach, he obviously loves her. You and I both saw it. They'll just have to work on fixing some things."

"Does she love him back?"

"I hope so. Jack deserves someone who will make him happy."

I picked up Wes and held him in my lap. He reached for my hair and yanked on it, resulting in his and Zach's laughter while I yelped in pain.

Rose jumped up on the bed, curious as to what was happening. She sat down next to me and leaned forward to sniff Wes. She then licked his face, scaring him, but he laughed anyways.

"He sure loves to laugh," Zach commented.

"That's a good thing. I'd rather he laugh all the time than cry."

We played with Wes and Rose a bit longer, but eventually Wes started getting tired. We put him in his crib then made our way downstairs.

Jonah and Corbyn were still playing video games and Daniel was playing guitar live on instagram.

"Zach, wanna play now?"

"Maybe later. Iris, let's go outside." He took my hand and we went outside. We sat on the concrete and were silent for a minute or so.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Come on, you're obviously thinking about something. Is it Jack again?"

"No, it's just..."

"What?"

"Do you feel like you can't be a normal teenager because of Wes and I?"

"What?"

"You love playing video games with Jonah and Corbyn. It's something you used to always do. But now, it seems like the only thing you do is take care of Wes and I."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing, but you're still 17 Zach. You don't have to give up your teen years because you have a baby."

"You did."

"What do you mean?"

"You can barely go out anymore because you have to take care of Wes."

"But I knew that would happen. That's one of the reasons I tried to keep my pregnancy from you. I didn't, and I still don't, want Wes to get in the way of you being a kid."

"I just don't want you basically raising him by yourself."

"But you don't always have to choose Wes over the guys. I'm sure they miss you."

"I want to be the best father I can be. If that means giving up my friends for a while, I'll do it."

"That's sweet, but you don't need to. Live your life while you can Zach."

"As long as you and Wes are still in it."

"Of course."

I leaned in and kissed him, pushing him down against the concrete. We made out for a few minutes, when it suddenly started raining.

"What?" I exclaimed sitting up and looking up at the sky. We both laughed and Zach sat up with me in his lap. I turned to him and smiled, placing my hands on his cheeks and kissing him again, letting the rain pour down on us.

                                 *****