32

Iris's P. O. V.

As Halloween came closer, the guys started getting more and more excited. Jack and Zach had the amazing idea to have a huge party and invite a ton of fans.

"We can do a contest and have 50 winners!" Jack suggested.

"We could even have the party right here!" Zach said. They had recently moved out of David's house and into their own. It was beautiful, but nothing too fancy.

"Remember when we had our one year celebration at David's house though? Fans showed up almost everyday for a few weeks," Jonah said.

"Then where else can we have it?" Jack asked.

"What if we do it at Iris's parents?" Daniel asked.

"My parents will not want 50 fans in my house. We can do it on the beach behind us, but not my house."

"But it's not private at the beach," Corbyn explained.

"Then let's not do a contest and just meet up at the beach," Zach said.

Wes squealed in response. Zach smiled and tickled him, making him squirm in my arms.

"Oh and don't forget. We're having Wes's birthday party next week at my parents house," I reminded everyone.

"My little boy's turning one!" Zach said taking Wes out of my arms and playing with him.

"Speaking of that, we have to go buy him presents."

"Don't spend a ton of money, please."

"What?? We'd never spoil our baby nephew," Jonah gasped.

"I can't believe you'd think that of us!" Corbyn exclaimed. The four of them left and Zach and I were alone with Wes.

"They're gonna get him toys he won't even understand." I shook my head.

"They'll use them and Wes will laugh because he laughs at everything." Wes laughed, proving Zach's point.

"I can't believe it's already been year. Like time flies so fast."

"It's been a great year, though."

"Sure has."

"Want me to take him so you can work on your songs?" He asked.

"Yes please." I went up the stairs to Zach's new room. It was bigger, so it wasn't super crammed with the crib and all of Wes's stuff.

I jumped on his bed and pulled my song book off of the bedside table. I flipped through the pages of either finished songs, work in progresses, and even pages with just a few words. I found the one that I had an idea for and my pencil flew across the page.

I went over to Daniel's room and used his guitar and keyboard to work with some music for what I had so far. It felt like only a few minutes, but it had been hours.

"Working on a song?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, it's coming. How was the mall?"

"Crowded. Some fans were crying because they thought it was sweet we were buying gifts for Wes." He chuckled.

"Fun."

"Can I hear what you have so far?"

"I'm thinking of 'Repercussions' for the title. I just have the chorus so here you go." I put my hands on the keys and began to play.

"I just wanna rock the boat and raise some hell
Set fire to my own damn bed 'cause I never wanna sleep again
I just wanna rock the boat and kiss and tell
Set fire to my own damn mind and leave inhibitions behind
But I don't care about the repercussions
I don't care about the repercussions
Just as long as my blood keeps rushing
I don't care about the repercussions, no whoa"

"Wow. That was great."

"Thank you " I blushed.

"It's crazy, Iris. I mean I can write sings, but they're only as good as what we produce when I'm with the guys. I can't do what you do when I'm alone," he explained shaking his head.

"Song writing has always been my therapy. Thanks to Jack, I guess." I laughed.

"Yeah. Well, I'll leave you to it. Make some magic." He laughed before standing up and leaving

I was probably working for another thirty minutes before I heard Zach yelling.

"Iris! Hurry!" I jumped up and ran to his voice.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I think Wes is about to walk!" He shouted. Zach pulled out his phone while I sat down next to them.

"Come on Wes. You got this!" I said. He looked at me with the biggest smile. He only had his front teeth on top and bottom which made his smile even cuter.

He wobbled a bit, then took a step. He took another step and soon was walking across the room.

Zach and I both screamed in excitement. I scooped Wes up and spun him around, kissing his face all over. Zach joined in and we were all jumping around the room.

"What is going on?" Jack asked walking in.

"Wes just took his first steps!" We shouted. Jack gasped then came and celebrated with us.

Soon, all of us were in Zach's room jumping up and down and celebrating with Wes. He didn't understand what was going on, but he saw smiles and all he did was laugh.

                             *****

A/n

Guys! Guys! Guys! 'I Depend On You' hit 150k today! 150 THOUSAND READS. WHAAAAAAAT!

That's why I wanted to make this chapter happy. It's been sad the last few chapters and I wanted to change that to celebrate.

Thank you for taking your time to read my mess of a story. And thank you for making it this far! It's means a whole lot. A lot a lot a lot. So that k you sooooo much. love you guys.