33

Iris's P. O. V.

"Happy birthday dear Wes, happy birthday to you!" We all sang around the kitchen table. Wes stood on my thighs with his hands on the table, looking at the big cake in front of him with his eyes wide.

I blew them out for him and everyone cheered. Wes even clapped once or twice. We passed out slices of cake, and Wes literally dug into his. He shoved his hands in the cake and put them into his mouth.

"I wanna try!" Jack yelled before picking up his cake and shoving it in his mouth. Corbyn had been recording, of course, so all the fans would see what a goofball Jack was.

After we all ate cake, Kayla and my mom started to clean up while I washed off Wes. He was covered in white cake and blue frosting.

"Who's ready for presents?" My dad called from the living room. There were gift bags and boxes all spread across the floor.

Zach and I helped Wes open up the many gift bags and boxes. There were tons of new toys like race cars and superhero people. There were also toys to help him learn to walk. And toys that spoke to him to help him learn to talk.

My mom bought him, mostly for me, a stroller and a new car seat. My dad bought him a small playset for outside. There was also a ton of new clothes that Zach and I were very thankful for.

"Thank you!" Zach and I exclaimed. I started neatly packing away all of the presents. That's when something hit me in the head.

I turned and saw Corbyn with an innocent, but not so innocent, look on his face. I picked up the crumbled up ball of tissue paper and chunked it at him. He ducked, but I had aimed at his stomach so it still hit him.

This resulted in a full on war. Everyone was throwing tissue paper or wrapping paper at each other. I made sure no one hit Wes, who was happily chewing on a new toy. When eventually everyone gave up, we cleaned up all of the trash.

"I have to leave soon," Kayla said. "I have class tomorrow."

"Aww," I whined. She nodded, pouting. I gave her a hug, then she picked up Wes and hugged him. She gave him to me then went around hugging everyone else. She got to Daniel and he just walked her out to her car.

"Let's take Wes to the beach!" Zach suggested. We all changed into our suits and ran out onto the sand. It wasn't cold yet, but the water definitely was. The guys all ran in, but Wes and I sat on a towel and played with the sand.

The first thing I thought of was that one year ago Zach and I were sitting in this same spot when my water broke. It was crazy to think that that was a year ago. It felt like yesterday. I remember how scared we were wondering what could've happened. But now, I couldn't have asked for any other way to bring my son into the world.

I also started thinking about a day at the beach more recently. It felt even more real because this was what we were all doing. When I saw Jesse. The guys were in the water and I was alone with Wes. I started thinking more and more about it. I wish I would've just listened to Zach. Met up with Jesse with Zach by my side and let him apologize. Maybe then he wouldn't be dead.

                                  ***

It was about two in the morning when I awoke, hearing Wes. He wasn't crying, he was just laughing and giggling super loud. I slipped out of Zach's arms and got out of bed.

"Why aren't you asleep?" I whispered picking him up out of his crib.

"M... Ma... Mama!" He shouted. I gasped and a smile spread across my face. I jumped on Zach and woke him up.

"What's wrong?" He asked, seeing Wes and I right in front of his face.

"Wes just said his first word!" I screamed bouncing up and down. Wes's laughter got even louder.

"Mama mama mama!" He said sticking a finger in his mouth.

"Ahh! Wes!" Zach shouted, quickly sitting up. I was sitting in Zach's lap and we both were playing with Wes who kept saying 'Mama'.

"What is going on in here?" Jack asked walking in, ribbing his eyes.

"Wes just said his first word!!" I shouted.

"Dada!" Wes waved his arms up and down.

"Woohoo!" Zach shouted picking Wes up and throwing him up in the air before catching him quickly.

"That's great!" Jack yawned. He came over and ruffled the small amount of hair that Wes had. "I know you guys are excited, but it's three in the morning. Can we try to go back to sleep?"

"Yeah, sorry Jack." I smiled. Jack thanked us before going back yo his room.

"Sorry, baby. We have to go back to sleep," I said.

"Aw man!" Zach whined, softly laughing.

"I was talking to the actual baby, Zach." I laughed. I took Wes from his arms. I started to rock him back and forth, and he yawned making me feel better.

Soon enough Wes fell asleep. I put him back into his crib, then slid back into bed with Zach. He pulled me into my chest and I wrapped my leg around him.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too." I kissed his lips.

Kissing him always pulled me into some kind of trance. I forget everything that's going on every time our lips touch. It's like my brain turns off and all that I'm focused on is the feeling of our love. I never want to let go of him.

Unfortunately, Zach pulled away. He kissed my head before resting his head against the pillow. I snuggled into him and starting kissing his neck. I didn't pull away until I knew I left a mark. I knew he loved when I did that.

                            *****

A/n

I hope you liked this chapter! Remember to vote and comment. It really makes my day seeing all of the votes and comments in my notifications. Thank you!!