6

Zach's P. O. V.

I woke up to an empty feeling next to me. I moved my arm up and down, trying to find Iris, but she was gone. I sighed, rubbing my eyes, and sat up. The sun lit up the room, and I knew that we had been asleep for several hours.

I went to grab my phone, when Iris came into the room with a towel around her body and her wet hair laying on her shoulders.

"You're awake." She smiled going to her dresser to get clothes.

"I just woke up. How long have you been awake?" I asked.

"Maybe about an hour. My mom is downstairs making breakfast. Let me get dressed and we can go down there," she said beginning to dry her hair with a towel.

I slipped out of the bed and stretched for a minute. Then I went to go change and try to fix my hair. Eventually, I gave up and left it alone.

Iris had put on clothes and had her hair dried. She reached for my hand and led me down the stairs. We found her mom setting a plate of pancakes and a plate of bacon on the table.

We sat down next to each other and began grabbing pancakes and eating them.

"Thank you," I said.

"Thanks mom," Iris said, her mouth half full of pancake.

"You're welcome." She smiled.

After breakfast, Iris and I cleaned everything up. It turned out to be more than the dishes her mom used, because I thought it'd be funny to spray Iris with water.

I took the sprayer thing attached to the sink, and pointed it at the back of Iris's head. I sprayed her once, and it turned into a full on war. Iris had taken a towel and would try and whip me every time I sprayed her.

She kept whipping the towel at my stomach, but eventually I caught it. I yanked it out of her hand, which resulted in her running out of the kitchen, screaming.

I chased her around the house, and finally caught her when I cornered her by the couch. I lunged for her and we fell back on the couch. I made sure that I didn't put all of my weight on her, but I was still hovering over her.

I grabbed her wrists and struggled to get them over her head, but I finally did. I looked down at her and smirked before attacking her with kisses. Her cheeks, her head, her neck, anywhere I could reach.

One of her hands slipped, but she didn't try to get out. She used her hand to pull my face back up to hers. She held my cheek, and I moved my hands down to her sides as our lips connected. She pulled me closer, and the feeling got stronger. Every part of my body got a burst of energy.

I pulled back, and both of us gasped for air. Our chests rose up and down as our hearts were beating crazily.

"You kids better clean up this mess!" We heard her mom shout from the kitchen.

I laughed before getting off of Iris, and pulling her up off the couch. We went back to the kitchen and cleaned up all the water.

"I have to go back to the house." I sighed seeing a text from David.

"Awww," she whined.

We went upstairs to start gathering my stuff, but we got distracted by each other. Iris was on top of me, her hands roaming through my hair. Her lips melted into mine, when I heard another sound come from my phone.

I groaned as she rolled off of me and I reached for my phone to find a second text from David.

"I'll drive you over there," she said standing up and going to fix her hair.

I grabbed my bag and followed her down the stairs and out to her car. She started driving, and for once I was glad that she didn't live super close.

I turned the radio on and went to a station that was playing music. Iris started singing, and I looked over at her, admiring everything about her.

"What?" She asked turning towards me. I had been staring for a few minutes now, but it only felt like seconds.

"I love you," I said after giving up on trying to explain how greatly I love her. "A lot."

"I love you too." She softly laughed.

I sighed as she pulled into the driveway. She put the car in park and watched me, but I didn't move.

"You have to go, Zach." She laughed.

"I don't want to," I whined. "They're not as fun as you."

"I'm sorry. We can hang out tomorrow."

"Fine." I sighed.

She unbuckled her seat belt and reached over to kiss me. She climbed over to where she sat on my lap, still kissing me. I held her waist and kept her as close as possible. She tugged at the ends of my hair, making me go crazy, just like she always does.

She tried to pull away once, but I pushed my lips to hers again. We kissed longer, but eventually she pulled away. She knew David would be mad if I was any later than I already was.

"You have to go," she said resting a hand on my chest.

"I'll come by tomorrow. Maybe we can go see a movie or something," I told her.

She climbed back over into her seat. I leaned over and pecked her lips, using all of my strength not to stay in the car, then got out of the car and walked to the front door.

"Oh my gosh, finally!" The guys yelled when I walked inside.

"What?" I asked, not understanding the urgency.

"David says he has news but he wouldn't tell us anything until you got here," Jack explained.

"Sorry, I was with Iris."

"Yeah we know." Jonah laughed.

"Speaking of Iris, when are you two gonna tell the fans you're back together? It's not like you have anything to worry about, they all want you two back together," Daniel said.

"I know, we'll tell them soon."

"Are you guys done now?" David asked coming into the room.

"Tell us now, please!" Corbyn yelled.

"Okay, okay. So, I've been talking to some very important people recently. I got you a gig at a breast cancer awareness fundraiser. You'll basically have a regular concert, but all the money people pay for your show will go to breast cancer. Thought it was perfect since it's October."

"That's great!"

"I'm so glad we can help out."

"So far, your tickets have raised $20,000 but the venue isn't sold out yet."

"That's incredible!"

"The show is in about a week, so rehearsals start tomorrow and it will be a lot of work."

David gave us some more details, then sent us to do whatever.

"Zach wanna go to the mall with me?" Jack asked.

"Yeah sure."

He went to get his shoes, then we went outside to the car. We got in, quickly turning on the radio, then drove to the mall.

                           *****