46

Iris's P. O. V.

"You excited for tonight?" Zach asked.

We were sitting in a taxi on our way to our townhouse. We were staying in new York City because the Grammy's were that night at Madison Square Garden. The guys and I had flown out a few days ago.

Daniel and Corbyn invited Kayla and Christina as their dates. I was Zach's date, but I was also invited to the show by the producers. Jack had planned on inviting Nicole, but they had broken up. Unfortunately, Jack had been cheated on again. He was down about it, so we all tried to cheer him up.

Jonah didn't have a date either, so he decided to ask his youngest sister Svea to be his date. She was overly excited to walk the other side of the red carpet. Jack knew that he couldn't be hung up over Nicole, so he decided to take Isla.

All of the boys families had flown out to New York. Instead of getting a ton of hotel rooms, we just rented a huge townhouse for two days. There were a gazillion rooms. Enough for Zach and I to have our own room.

"I don't know why you're asking me, you're the one who may be getting an award." I laughed.

"Zach, Iris and I have to go so Kayla won't be waiting," Daniel said coming into our room. We were going to go pick up Kayla from the airport.

"I'll see you later," I said.

"Yeah, I'll have a surprise waiting for you when you get back." He winked.

"Can't wait," I said kissing him before going with Daniel.

We hailed a cab and rode to the airport. We didn't have to wait very long for Kayla to arrive. It was so cute when she got there. Daniel and I had a crowd around us, as usual. Kayla started walking up and she looked around, trying to find a way to get through the crowd. Then the fans saw her and they separated, making a path for Kayla. She smiled, then dropped her suitcase and ran to Daniel.

They spun in circles and hugged and kissed. The fans and I awed at them and I knew there would be tons of pictures on the fan pages later.

"Okay, okay she was my best friend first. I want some love," I joked walking up to them. They separated and Kayla turned to me. I hugged her and we told each other how much we missed the other.

"Let's get to the house. I wanna see your dress," she said holding my hands and shaking them.

"I'll grab your bag," Daniel said. The three of us walked out and got a cab back to the townhouse.

Daniel and Kayla went into their room and I knocked on the door to mine. Zach opened the door with a toothbrush in his hand and a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Give me a second," he said going to the bathroom. I sat on the bed and looked at Zach's suit that he had put on the bed. I bit my lip, thinking of how he'd look.

"Okay, ready for your surprise?" He asked coming back without the toothbrush.

"Yes!"

"Close your eyes," he said. I put my hands over my eyes and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yes, can I open my eyes?"

"Yeah, open them." I uncovered my eyes and saw Zach standing in front of me. He was holding something behind his back.

"Zach, stop playing, what is it?" He pulled his hands in front of him. In them was the ridiculously expensive, but beautiful dress from the store Christina and I went to.

"Zach! I can't believe you got it! Why did you get it? It's too much, Zach!" I gushed.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it! But it's too much, Zach. You shouldn't have bought it for me."

"It's a present. Just take it and say thank you."

"Thank you." I smiled. I took the dress from him and put it on the bed, then kissed him passionately. He held my waist tightly as I pushed him against the wall. Zach stepped forward and picked me up, then turned around and pushed me against the wall.

"Iris! Let me see your dr- oops." Zach and I pulled apart and he set me back on the ground. I turned and looked at Kayla. She gave us an awkward smile.

"I'm gonna get dressed," Zach said taking his suit into the bathroom.

"Sorry Iris," she said walking in.

"It's fine. I need to get ready anyways. Wanna help with my makeup?" I asked.

"Yes, of course!" She squealed before grabbing my makeup bag and sitting me on the bed.

"I'm glad I did my makeup before my flight. I'd never have time to do both of ours." She laughed.

"I'm glad, too. Yours always looks better than mine does."

"It helps when you're around professionals a lot backstage," she said while focusing.

After she finished, she straightened my hair. Zach came out of the bathroom and asked me to tie his tie.

"You're killing me, Zach," I said quietly.

"I'm gonna go finish getting ready," Kayla said before walking out.

I tightened his tie and left my hands on his chest. He kissed my forehead before turning me around and hugging me from behind.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," I said holding his hands on my stomach. "I can't wait to see you walk on that stage with the guys."

"Let's hope I get that chance."

"I need to get dressed," I said turning back around. He kissed me before letting me go. He walked over to the bed and sat down. I reached for the dress and admired it again.

I looked over at Zach and saw him watching me. I smirked at him and slowly took off my clothes. He started softly laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked.

"Because you're so cute."

"Shut up." I laughed. I stepped into my dress and looked in the mirror as I fixed it and made it look right.

"Beautiful, as always," he said standing up and walking towards me.

He grabbed my hands and spun me around, my dress flowing behind me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his soft lips.

"You're gonna walk the red carpet with us right?"

"Yeah, I am. Do I have to back up for interviews?"

"You'll have your own interviews," he said squeezing my waist.

I walked over to my bag and grabbed my heels. I slipped them on and grabbed my clutch.

"Everyone is meeting in the living room. They want us to meet them down there," Zach said looking up from his phone. He took my hand and led me out of the room.

"How do you manage to look that good?" Kayla asked when we got downstairs.

"Oh please, have you taken a look in the mirror lately? You're breathtaking," I said looking at her in the deep forest green dress that complimented her skin so well.

"We better step up our game, they're better at complimenting than we are," Daniel jokingly scoffed.

"Yeah, step it up or I might think she deserves better," Kayla said pointing her finger at Zach.

"Hey, there's no one better for me than him," I said stepping into his open arms and feeling him kiss my forehead.

"Isla you look so pretty! And Svea that dress is so cute!" I said hugging them both when they came down the stairs.

"David is meeting us there," Jonah said.

"Let's go," Jack said taking Isla's hand.

                                 *****