28

Iris's P. O. V.

"Dad, Zach was right." My dad ran to my side as I collapsed on the couch.

"Iris, what happened? You weren't supposed to let him in!"

"He was so sweet and kind. He just wanted to make things right. Then he saw Wes. He tried to tell me he wasn't upset, but then things went downhill. He started talking about how we used to be. I told him to leave but he ignored me. I tried to get him to leave but he wouldn't and then he grabbed me and kissed me," I told him. My dad held me in his arms as I cried.

"Shh, it's okay honey. He's gone now."

"How do you know that? You know what he can do!" I shouted through my tears.

"I made sure he left. We can get a restraining order against him."

"You think that'll stop him?" I asked as if he was joking.

"Hopefully. There's not much else we can do Iris."

                                    ***

Finally, Zach was on his way home. I needed for him to be with me. Everywhere I looked, I could see Jesse. It was like he was following me, but he wasn't actually there.

I drove to the boys house and switched to the bigger car, knowing I couldn't fit all five of them in mine.

I started the drive to the airport, only thinking about seeing Zach. I pulled up to the red stoplight and waited for the light to change.

After about a minute, it changed to green. As I started to roll forward, I was instantly hit on my left side, my car flying across the road.

It all went so fast. My head was pounding and I felt cuts and bruises all over my body. The glass shards stinging me. The worst part was the pain I felt in my left leg. I was stuck. My leg jammed between the hugely dented door, and my seat. I heard people yelling and running over to my car, but I was so dazed I couldn't even process what just happened.

Wes's cries in the backseat snapped me back into reality. I tried to turn around, but my leg kept me back. From what I could see from the corner of my eyes, he wasn't hurt too bad. There was probably some glass that poked him, but I hoped not too much.

Someone opened the door on Wes's side.

"Please help him!" I cried.

"I will. The ambulances are on their way. We'll try to get you out."

"Thank you so much! Is the other person okay?"

"We got his license plate, but he drove off."

I sat there crying, as I watched the people around me try to get into the front seat.

They finally got the passenger door opened, but that wouldn't help.

"My leg is stuck!"

When the ambulances got to the scene, they somehow got the car door opened. I felt like I could finally breathe. They carried me out of the car and took me to an ambulance.

"Where's my son?" I shouted as they put me on a gurney.

"He didn't have any major injuries. A nurse has him and they'll meet us at the hospital-"

"I want my son!" I cried. A nurse hopped onto the truck and handed Wes over to me. I held him in my arms as the doctors started to check all over my body.

"Do you have someone to call?" A nurse asked.

"Yes."

Zach's P. O. V.