27

Iris's P. O. V.

"Iris, I'm going to the store. Do you wanna come with?" My mom asked at around noon the next day. Kayla had to leave earlier than she wanted, but Zach was coming back in a few hours.

"No, I'm working on a song."

"Okay, I'll be back in an hour or so. I have a package being delivered so they may ask you to sign something."

"Okay, bye." My mom left my room and I soon heard her car leave the driveway.

I smiled as Wes laughed at himself while he played on his play mat. So easily entertained.

I turned back to my keyboard and started messing around with the keys. Wes always loved when I played my keyboard or guitar. Music is in his blood.

I heard the doorbell ring and thought it must be the delivery. I picked up Wes and walked to the front door. I opened it, and my breath hitched when I saw who it was.

"Hi," he said shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Jesse. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to apologize. May I come inside?" I started thinking about what everyone had told me. Don't talk to him alone.

"I guess so," I said, without thinking. I slowly opened the door and let him inside. I led him to the couch, but I kept my eyes on him.

"Who's this little guy?"

"My son, Wes."

"You and Zach had a kid?"

"Yeah, sometimes the best things in life are unexpected surprises."

"I see. Anyways, I am really really sorry about what happened. I bet you figured this out, but I guess you can say I'm crazy. I can't control my thoughts, or my actions. I do crazy, stupid things without realizing the damage. Honestly, all that I wanted was for you to be happy. But I wanted you to be happy with me."

"You broke up with me, Jesse."

"I know. Like I said, I can't always control my actions. I broke up with you, because I met a girl who was crazy for me. Until she dumped me. After that, I just kind of went downhill. I stopped taking my medicine and I hoped that one day you'd come back to me."

"And then you saw the video of me with the guys," I continued.

"Yeah. I just got pissed and let my anger get the best of me. Then it led to all this other crazy stuff."

"We don't have to relive the past. What's important is that you apologized, and you're getting help right?"

"Yes, I am. I'm living in this, not mental hospital, but a place like a mental hospital. I can leave during the day, but at night I stay there and some days I have therapy and all that stuff."

"So you're getting better?"

"Way better. Like how I didn't get pissed when I found out Wes is Zach's son."

"You would've been pissed?" I asked putting Wes on my other hip, farther from Jesse.

"Don't be afraid." He put his hand on my knee. "I'm better now."

"Listen, Jesse. Thank you for apologizing, it really means a lot. But we can't be in each others lives again. I'm afraid that interacting with me will bring back bad memories, and maybe make you fall back into your old ways."

"No, Iris I'm better now. I'm not mad anymore." He squeezed my knee.

"You might not be mad now, but what about when Zach and the guys come back?"

"I'll be fine I promise!" He exclaimed squeezing my knee tighter.

"Ow! Jesse let go!" I tired to pry his hand off of my knee, but he kept squeezing.

"I'm fine. We can be in each other's lives and then I'll be happy again."

"Jesse! Let go!" I forced myself to stand up, finally being able to feel my knee again.

"Iris, I'm sorry!" Tears started streaming down his face. "Can't we just go back to how we used to be? We were so in love!"

"Jesse, I think you need to leave," I said calmly. I put Wes in his play pen behind me.

"I still love you. But I'm not sick anymore. You don't have to worry anymore."

"Jesse, please leave." He stepped closer to me. I stepped back, but my legs hit against the coffee table.

"Come on Iris. Don't you miss us? There wasn't any drama with fans, or accidental pregnancies, or any bad stuff like that." He stepped closer.

"Seriously, you need to go."

"Remember this feeling?" He took my hands in his and held them so tight I couldn't pull back. "And remember this feeling?"

He started to lean forward. I leaned back as much as I could, put he wrapped his arms around me and forced his lips onto mine. I didn't kiss him back. I put my hands on his chest trying to push away.

I heard the door open and I knew I was saved. Someone came and yanked Jesse off of me.

"Get out of my damn house!" My dad yelled pushing Jesse out the front door. He locked it behind him and rushed back to me. I was already sobbing.

"Dad, Zach was right."

                                            *****