34

Iris's P. O. V.

"Sorry Daniel, I have to take Kayla from you," I said pulling her up from their cuddle session on the couch.

"What? Why?" He whined.

"We have to go get our Halloween makeup," Kayla told him.

"What are you guys doing?" Zach asked, joining in on the conversation.

"We're just doing special effects. Hey Jack, is Nicole coming to the Halloween party?" I asked.

"Yeah, she hasn't been around in a while," Corbyn mentioned.

"Something always happens when she comes over so we just hang at her place. I invited her, but she has a modeling party or something." He sighed.

"Awe, sorry bro." Jonah patted him on the back.

"It's fine."

"Let's go, I wanna have time to get food," Kayla said.

"Food?" The guys asked.

"We'll bring you guys food on the way back," I said before grabbing my purse, kissing Wes and Zach, then leaving with Kayla behind me.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Kayla asked.

"I watched like ten videos, and Zach let me practice on him last night. Is his face ruined? No. Did it look amazing? Yes."

"Alright, I'm trusting you with my valuable face."

We drove to the Halloween store and went through the aisles grabbing a ton of stuff. When we finally found all the makeup, we couldn't help but stop in the candy aisle. We got a huge bag of sour patch kids and gummy worms.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah, I'm starving," Kayla said stuffing her mouth full of candy.

We went to the check out lanes and paid for all of our stuff. We walked out, stopping for an autograph and picture, then made it to our car.

"Let's go somewhere," I blurted.

"What do you mean?"

"I feel like we never actually get time to just be best friends. We're always busy or with our boyfriends. Let's hang out as friends again."

"Okay, where to?"

"Remember when we used to go to the bowling alley almost everyday after school?"

"Yeah, we became like best friends with the workers. They eventually let us bowl for free. And we'd get free food."

"Those were the days."

"I remember Jesse was obsessed with one of the arcade games. He'd spend all his money on that one game, but he only ever won once."

"And the one time he did win, he used his tickets to buy me a stuffed bear."

"He told me that was the reason he played everyday. I told him that he should win you a bear, and when he did he asked you to be his girlfriend."

"I remember," I sighed.

"Then let's go bowling," Kayla laughed.

I nodded before turning on the radio and heading towards a bowling alley.

"How are classes going?" I asked.

"They're amazing. My professors all love me and the people in my theater class are so inspiring."

"That's great."

"Yeah, I thought it'd be kind scary since I was technically still a senior. I mean I got all of the credits over the summer, but I was younger. But al of the people welcomed me and thought it was so cool how the school offered me the opportunity."