3

Iris's P. O. V.

I grabbed the journal and ran out of my room.

"I'm going out, I'll be back later!" I shouted before grabbing my keys and running out to my car.

I drove to the house that held so many wonderful memories. I hopped out and went inside, not bothering to knock. I went towards the stairs and ran into Jonah.

"Iris? What are you doing here?" He asked hugging me.

"I need to talk to Zach."

"I don't think that's such a good idea." I barely heard him because I had pushed past him and ran up the stairs to Zach's room.

I burst through the door, but immediately regretted it when I saw the two of them in bed. They didn't notice me, and I just stood there in shock as tears spilled from my eyes. Suddenly, I was pulled back into reality when someone yanked me out of the room.

"Jack you said he didn't care about her! You said she was nothing!" I cried.

"Hey, come here." He spoke softly, pulling me into his room.

He sat me on his bed and held me while I cried.

"Iris-" I sobbed louder, hearing Zach's voice.

"Get out!" Jack yelled standing up and slamming the door shut.

"Jack, I was gonna go tell him the truth! I thought he still loved me." My voice cracked at the end.

"He does. He's just an idiot who makes mistakes. He's doing that because being apart from you causes him so much pain. He thinks that she'll help him, but she won't."

"Why haven't you told him that?"

"We all have. He refuses to listen. He's just so upset and hurt."

"How do I make him feel better?"

"Iris there's nothing that'll make him feel better. He needs to know the truth about you before he hurts himself."

"So I need to talk to him," I said calming down.

"I'll make sure Zoey is gone." He sighed before walking out.

I knew Zach already knew I was crying, but I wanted to seem as strong as I could when I faced him. I went into Jack's bathroom and cleaned up, making sure my face wasn't as red.

"Do you want him in here, or do you want to go in his room?"

"I'll go into his room." I sighed before walking out.

I went across the hall to his room. I slowly opened the door and saw him sitting on the edge of his bed, shirtless, with his head in his hands.

"Iris." He quickly stood and I saw that he had been crying. "I'm so so so sorry. Please, I'm an idiot. It didn't mean anything. I just-"

"Zach just stop. I don't want to hear your excuses right now."

"I'm sorry."

"You're gonna want to sit down for this," I told him after a minute or two of silence.

"Um, okay." He slowly sat down on his bed. I sat down next to him, keeping some space between us.

"You're not the reason I broke up with you. It was all me, I want you to know that."

"Everyone says that, Iris." He shook his head.

"I know, but I really mean it. I-I broke up with you because I'm...I'm pregnant."

"What!? Who's is it? Were you cheating on me?!"

"No, I wasn't cheating. The baby's ours."

"And you didn't bother to tell me?" His head snapped in my direction.